How Do I Make A Baseball Cap Cake?

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 12:27pm by Loucinda

neelycharmed Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:19am
post #1 of 7

Do you have any hints of tips? I've never made one before and would like to make it for my Dad's birthday.
I need help, especially when it comes to make the peak on the hat.
And the shape), so everything! lol
Please and thanks,
Jodi icon_smile.gif

6 replies
deliciously_decadent Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:27am
post #3 of 7

mske a hald ball cake, make the peak of the cap orm gumpaste and dry over a day or so, cover dome add peak and decorate, they are actuallly quite easy

bakingatthebeach Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:17am
post #4 of 7

You can form the cap part with rice krispy treats molded in a bowl and the brim with gumpaste, or you can bake cap part out of cake in an oven safe bowl that is shaped like you want.

Loucinda Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:57am
post #5 of 7

I am baking one today. The bill is already made (50/50 blend - set it over a real cap that I have covered with plastic wrap to dry) I am going to try something a little different. I am baking a 5, 6, and 7" cake to stack and carve - I don't like how the cakes have turned out when I bake them in the pyrex bowl. I will post pics when it is done.

Sweet_Guys Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 7

Check out Elissa Strauss' CONFETTI CAKES book. She did one in there in case you need to see a visual.

Loucinda Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:27pm
post #7 of 7

I ended up using 7 and 6" rounds, and then carved them into the shape I needed. Here is mine, and I am really happy with how it turned out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%