Okay, Who Wants To Laugh At Me??

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 2:08am by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:22am
post #1 of 16

I confess, I've never seen Ace of Cakes before. I don't have cable (no sense paying for 500 channels with nothing on) and I'm not much of a TV watcher to begin with (plus with my teaching I'm rarely home nights.) Anyway, I'm out of town this weekend and the hotel has cable with the Food network. 10 pm rolls around and low and behold -- Ace of Cakes back to back episodes!!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif So now I can honestly say I've seen Ace of Cakes (and y'all can stop laughing at me now!) icon_lol.gif By the way, I LOVED it!! Duff and the gang do great work and I love their "think outside the box" approach to sugar artistry. Very creative!! thumbs_up.gif

15 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 16

icon_lol.gif This is probably how I'll feel when my kids finally convince me to get a phone that allows texting! The ACE gang sures gives you ideas, dont' they!

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #3 of 16

ha ha ha!!! Yep, I had more than a few thoughts with that cake that looked like the boyfriend's brains being eaten by goblins! icon_rolleyes.gif

Peridot Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:05am
post #4 of 16

bobwonderbuns...

You are too funny!!! I ask myself that very question quite often - Why am I paying for 500 channels when there is nothing to watch! Even the cake shows are reruns!!

Yilkes - a phone that texts! I just know how to handle the basics on my cell phone - don't need texting, Blackberries, tweeting or any of that other stuff.

I just got myself my first laptop and I just love the darn thing!

prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:50am
post #5 of 16

Food Network is one of the few channels I actually miss since we got rid of cable (TV we can survive without, internet, however, is like air to us).

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:18am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

icon_lol.gif This is probably how I'll feel when my kids finally convince me to get a phone that allows texting! The ACE gang sures gives you ideas, dont' they!

I wish my mom would get a phone I could send text messages to. That way I could tell her what I needed to without spending an hour hearing about everything she did all week! (which sounds really mean but she tells me about all the math she taught all week and she teaches the same classes every semester so I've heard it all a lot)

indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #7 of 16

Yes, I'm a dinosaur. I have a PHONE. It sends and receives calls. you know ..... like a PHONE does. It's not a computer, not the internet, not a calendar, not a keyboard, not a camera .... it's a PHONE .... to make and get CALLS.

If someone wants to email me, send me an email. If it's so unimportant that you don't want to make a call..... then don't call me. thumbs_up.gif

grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:59am
post #8 of 16

Oh, IndyDebi... !!! Ya know how you resisted fondant? And I think now you're seeing it ain't so bad? Same with fancy phones...

My Blackberry is my connection to the world...

Texting, like email, lets you communicate without having to talk and getting sidetracked, without the phone ringing and demanding attention (or getting anyone in trouble for using their cell at work!).

My Blackberry brings me all the news instantly, locally, nationally, and globally. I cancelled my newspapers, and I don't have to sit down at the TV at any certain time to know what's going on.

I have many useful apps, like weather with radar, mapping.

I have word games to keep me occupied when the doctor makes me wait too long.

I have photos of kids, cats and cakes handy all the time. Even videos of Lily blowing out her Princess Cake candles.

ON and ON...

C'mon, give it a try...!

Peridot Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 16

Geez Grandmom - you make it sound so inviting. Hummm - food for thought.....Mr. Blackberry--I always liked that name and the colors you can get them in.

mkolmar Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:39pm
post #10 of 16

I don't even own a cell phone. You should see the looks I get when I tell people I don't have one. They stare at me blankly for a few moments usually in disbelief. My DH has a blackberry (or crackberry as I like to call it) he uses it for work and he's constantly on it.
I also don't have a myspace, twitter or facebook account. I figured if people want to see what I'm up to they can pick up the phone to call me.

Bob-glad you liked Ace of Cakes. You can get some pretty neat ideas from them. Also, it's good to see that people everywhere also have issues with their cakes sometimes.

grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 16

Oh, I forgot, I have internet access on my Blackberry - I can get on CC on my phone! Now, mind you, it's not too easy to navigate, but if I get an email saying there was a reply to a topic, it's easy enough to go read it!

Oh, speaking of which, I can keep up with my personal email no matter where I am!

And it's a suitable stand-in for an iPod and videos look and sound great on it!

Go get one!!!

adree313 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:31pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Yes, I'm a dinosaur. I have a PHONE. It sends and receives calls. you know ..... like a PHONE does. It's not a computer, not the internet, not a calendar, not a keyboard, not a camera .... it's a PHONE .... to make and get CALLS.

wait. wait. wait.

they actually make phones that just get....... gulp...... calls? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

but... how... why...

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:33pm
post #13 of 16

I just don't get it... WHY would Indydebi want to TALK to somebody??? icon_eek.gif

JenniferMI Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 16

You are soooo funny Cindy!!!! You go girl!

Now you need to see Ultimate Cake Off - lol

Jen icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #15 of 16

Boy do you need to catch up on a lot of cake shows!! Hehe.

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:08am
post #16 of 16

icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif I know, I know!! You should have heard my buttercream students this evening -- I guess I should be glad they're comfortable enough with me to laugh THAT HARD at me!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%