Nfsc Mistake

Baking By juslivin77 Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 12:38am by juslivin77

juslivin77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juslivin77 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #1 of 4

I made a full recipe of NFSC with out baking powder because I thought I read somewhere to omit is so they wont swell. Well they came out very hard to the point of hurting my teeth. Any ideas on what I can do with these so I dont just throw them away. Will adding glace on them help soften them or should I just give up on this batch.

3 replies
badylugs80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badylugs80 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:22am
post #2 of 4

I would trash them if it were me...but you might be able to pop them in the microwave with a moist paper towel to soften them up. The beauty of a NFSC recipe is that they don't swell enough to to mess up your cut out. I love the NFSC recipe I use!

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #3 of 4

Me being frugal about ingredient waste if at all possible, if the flavor is good, I would probably dunk them in milk or something to eat them. lol.

Did you over mix your dough, or over bake them maybe? I've forgotten to add the bp before & never had them come out hard as your describing.

What about using them as a crust for something else? (like we make cheesecake pie crust with graham crackers crumbs & butter?) Grind those babies up in your processor & save it in a air tight container...surely you'll find something else to use them for.

I cant think of anything else atm, sorry.

juslivin77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juslivin77 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 4

Half way through baking I starting cooking them for only 6 min and they were a little better but not to much. I think I might have rolled them to thin as well. (though I used those rubber band things).

I actually was thinking about grinding them up or maybe putting them in a cake or something but was wondering if anyone actually did anything like that

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%