Texas_Rose, I Need You! Major Humidity Problem, Never Mind

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 8:15am by Texas_Rose

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 4

The front is rolling in at the lake.

I'm trying to cover dummies with Satin Ice. My 8in, covered 3 hours ago, almost perfect. Would've been perfect it I had sanded the seam.

2nd dummy, 12in, will need a border and a skirt. Lots of tearing went on and the dummy was damaged from the start.

I haven't started 3rd dummy, a 16in. The humidity suddenly went through the roof.

8in, I used a very light film of crisco to roll out and then lightly dusted with P S. 12in, I kneaded with crisco on my hands and rolled with slight smear on countertop and then lightly dusted with P S.

Any ideas?

BTW, your roses were a huge inspiration for me. I actually accomplished one with the 5 petal cutter.

I've sent the AC to 65, but it isn't there yet. Should I dust the counter with PS or do crisco?

I figured it out!

Sometimes I'm such a twerp!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:00am
post #2 of 4

I'm glad you figured it out icon_biggrin.gif I've never done a dummy cake so I'm not sure what works best for them. I know that I had one batch of fondant this weekend that was so soft and sticky that I had to use crisco for it, but I was running the dehumidifer so I don't think I can blame humidity.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 7:54am
post #3 of 4

I got it done. It did take 5lbs of fondant!

Give me huge stick it up your butt at Hobby Lobby.

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:15am
post #4 of 4

What's that about Hobby lobby?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%