Help! Can I Still Use This Dough?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 8:43pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 6

I just made 4 batches of cookie dough in order to store in the freezer for whenever i need them. I realized afterwards that i was supposed to have used 2 cups of butter (4 sticks) but i only put in 3 sticks.
They are in ziplocs in the fridge right now. Can i still use the dough as is, or do i still need to add that last stick to each batch?

Lesson learned; don't prepare dough while kids are around....

5 replies
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 6

I would think it would be okay. Maybe not as moist as usual. I would bake off a few from a batch and see how they turn out. If not what you want then add the butter.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #3 of 6

There is a wide variation in how much butter is in cookie dough anyway. If the dough had a normal texture when you mixed it, I'd definitely bake up a batch and see how they are. The may spread less than usual, and may be less tender than usual, but depending on what kind of cookies, this might not be undesirable. You may have created a new recipe!

luv2bake6 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 6

Ok, i'll try....wish me luck.......

luv2bake6 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 6

I just threw some into the oven. On first taste (right out of the oven and slightly cooled), it's pretty good...a little more crispy...but i wonder if the icing will sort of soften them a bit while they stand to dry....
I'm going to wait a little longer after they've sat for a bit to test again.

luv2bake6 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

I just tasted another piece after having it sit for a few hours. It's ok, i guess. I'd much prefer the original recipe.
If i were to add that last stick of butter to the dough, would it toughen the dough having to mix it in well?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%