Cream Cheese Frosting Help..

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 4:18am by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 7

HOW DO I MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING SMOOTH OUT NICELY?? ANYONE HAVE A GREAT RECIPE FOR THIS? I USE CRISCO, CREAM CHEESE AND SUGAR FOR MINE, BUT IT WON'T SMOOTH OUT AND ALSO, IT IS TOO RUNNY. HELP!

6 replies
ramie7224 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 7

If it's too runny I would think adding a little more conf. sugar would help. Also, I use a bench scraper for all frostings to get them as smooth as possible. If you have lumps and bumps in it then I would think you aren't letting the cream cheese warm up enough before you mix it in.

jenscreativity Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

My icing is not too runny, only with the warmer climate. Also, it is not lumpy or cold either. what's a bench scraper? thanks so much

ramie7224 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 7

a bench scraper is sort of like a large metal (or plastic) spatula without a handle. You hold it vertically against the side of your cake after frosting it and go all the way around. I NEVER got smooth frosting with a regular or off-set spatula and wouldn't trade my scraper for anything!

jenscreativity Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 7

ok, I will try it,,thanks so much!

prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:08am
post #6 of 7

Yuck! Crisco in cream cheese icing?!? icon_confused.gif I have never heard of such a combination. I make mine with 1 c butter, 8 oz cream cheese, 2 tblsp sour cream, and 8 c pwdrd sgr. If your icing is liquidy, either you don't have enough PS in it or it is too warm. Crch icing is very difficult to smooth. It helps to chill it and then use a scraper (I use a plastic bowl scraper) to smooth it.

jenscreativity Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:18am
post #7 of 7

The icing is great actually..can't taste the crisco...and I didn't want to use butter due to this for decorating a cake. Butter just makes it really liquidy. Thanks anyways...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%