Apsiring Cake Decorator

Decorating By lemalu Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 10:56pm by ramie7224

lemalu Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 2

I am currently a Senior at Columbus College of Art and Design in Ohio, I have recently changed my focus more into cake decorating. It took about a year to admit that the path I was taking in school wasn't one that I could see myself doing for a living. I have been amateurishly carving and decorating cakes for a few years now and have taken the Wilton Classes and what not and I am just wondering what I should do next. Whats the process, Its hard to take this on full force right now because I am still in college but I think my art degree would definitely be an asset to the world of cake art.

Im currently taking a portfolio class and its all about getting your work out there, branding yourself, creating a portfolio. But its for Animation and Video students so I doubt its done the same way.

If anyone has any suggestions to help me in my path that would be absolutely amazing.

1 reply
ramie7224 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 2

I'd be interested to know also. I'm currently a Junior at University here working on a teaching degree. It really stinks to get that far in and realize you're passionate about something else! At least I'll have summer vacations to "cake" full time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%