Where Do You Buy Your Supplies?

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 9:25am by grandmom

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have ordered from CK Products, Global Sugar Art and First Impressions. Where do you find has the best selection, price and shipping costs? I want to stock up on petal dusts, colors and more molds.

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 6

I buy from lots of places. Global Sugar, CK, Into the Oven, Cake supplies4u. I just check them all and see which company is the cheapest and go from there.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:18am
post #3 of 6

www.confectioneryhouse.com

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 6

I buy from GSA and CK for my basic supplies. I have many online vendors for specialized supplies including Fancy Flours, Foose Cookie Cutters, BRP Boxshop, culinarystencils.com...

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:25am
post #5 of 6

About every 6 weeks or so Hobby Lobby will have a 40% off sell on all their Wilton products, I know that is kind of limited but I usually stock on Merigue Powder and Gumtex icing colors etc. There isn"t a limit on how much you can buy.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:25am
post #6 of 6

GlobalSugarArt is the fastest shipper but certainly not the cheapest. I just comparison shop, and in the end it comes down to which is more important for this time - speed or price. If it's speed, I'll pick GSA every time. They have a nice selection, but they don't have absolutely everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%