Drawing A Blank. Need Help For Course Final Cakes

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm by metria

onlymadaresane Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 8

So we've got some 'freedom' to create our course final cakes. I can for the most part figure something out for course 3 (fondant and tier) however for course 4. I'm at a loss.

It's supposed to encompass something that we've learned. However I can't think of a thing that would work some of it in. I loathe the fondant swags. And for some reason that's all that's coming to mind.

So I need some help. I've tried rolling through the first time cakes and 90% I see are course 1 and 2.

Can you ladies help me out with some inspiration??

Thanks!
Rebecca

7 replies
cownsj Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 8

Try doing a google search, then at the top of the page click "images". You can look through the pages of pictures and maybe get a picture to inspire you.

mirda6275 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 8

did you look through the back of the student books? That's what I did for my course 3 final cake... or try looking around on Wilton's web site and seeing if there's something that interests you.

cownsj Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:10am
post #4 of 8

Our class all did the 2 tier wedding cake with the roses on the front of the book. For the fondant & gumpaste course we got to choose a bit more, but I think we still all did something from the book, basically.

Just remember, it's scarier at the beginning of class. Once you get started it will all come together for you and you'll feel your confidence grow as you work. Good Luck

metria Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 8

Is your last class this week? Because a Halloween wedding cake would be neat! Dark colored fondant on a 2-tier cake with gray roses.

cownsj Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

Is your last class this week? Because a Halloween wedding cake would be neat! Dark colored fondant on a 2-tier cake with gray roses.

Very cool idea!

multicrafty Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

Hey thats what I'm doing! LOL ok so the roses are black not grey and I'm doing some string work on the sides to resemble spider webs and might make a spider for a toper. Covered the cakes with orange fondant. Final cake is Thursday night.

metria Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 8

Oh that's so exciting! I missed my final Course 3 class because I had to go to work icon_sad.gif I ended up making a tiered cake anyway for my hubby's birthday (in my photos).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%