I Am Curious!

Lounge By Gingoodies Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 12:26am by Gingoodies

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 59

I recently read an article about a few famous chefs and what food they dislike the most.

So I thought I would ask that question here! icon_lol.gif

Is there one (or more) food that you absolutely refuse to eat??

For me, it's COOKED CELERY !!! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif I just cannot like it. When I make soup i will use huge pieces in the stock for flavor, and then out it goes. I pick it out of everything.

What is your "food kryptonite"?

58 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 59

mine is cooked carrots. I love carrots right up until they get too that mushy gooey stage, eeww
just can't stand it.
Also truffle oil, I think it makes everything taste like methane.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 59

I'm a vegan. Any food that has eyeballs, brains, etc.

Also okra

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 59

Oh there's lots!

Pretty much I do not like most veggies. No broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, brussel sprouts, cooked cabbage (saurkraut), beets, cucumber, onions, cooked carrots...yuk....yuk...yuk!

No sushi or sardines, curry, moose meat ( I grew up in Alaska). Yuk on beef stroganoff, melons of any kind, prunes, almond anything, rum anything and I'm sure there are more.

KimAZ

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 59

Most shellfish, though I do eat shrimp, but no clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, etc.

No okra, that slime it oozes grosses me out (just like oysters!).

Undercooked meat, and obviusly, sushi.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 59

For me it is pretty much anything that swims or lives in the water. We have this understanding. I don't eat them and they don't eat me. So far, so good. icon_lol.gif

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:11pm
post #7 of 59

My biggest YUK is Olives - any kind - Can't stand them.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 59

I don't eat squash, cooked cabbage (unless it's saurkraut), brussel sprouts, liver, processed cheese, bologna, lunch meat salami but I love the hard salami, mushrooms, cooked spinich, boxed mac and cheese, sushi, and any organ meat.

The worst is liver, even the smell of it makes me sick. My mother likes it and I hated even being in the house when she cooked it and then she'd make me eat it.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:17pm
post #9 of 59

OMword KimAZ, I could not exist without eating some veggies. I hope you take vitamins! LOL. Salmon is another no-no for me. TOO fishy.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydragon663

For me it is pretty much anything that swims or lives in the water. We have this understanding. I don't eat them and they don't eat me. So far, so good. icon_lol.gif

LOL...this is me too. I don't eat ANY seafood except tuna fish from a can.

I also don't like the taste or smell of ANY alcoholic drink...people find it strange that I've never once been drunk or even tipsy.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:35pm
post #11 of 59

olives.... yuck they are so nasty....blech. Alcohol, other than what is in cough syrup I have never had any and never intend too, it smells terrible

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm
post #12 of 59

green peppers. Red or orange are okay, but not green.

Pickles are nasty, also olives. Cole Slaw or anything with mayonnaise (I have an extremely derogatory term for mayo that I can't post her or I'll be censored!)

Also, jello makes me gag.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #13 of 59

Lima beans eeeeewwwwwwww

CupCake_Caitlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake_Caitlin Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:35pm
post #14 of 59

I hate PEAS and I dont eat ANY Seafood.... I was horrified the day I found out fish fingers were made for fish?? But I will eat them with Bake Beans and cheese melted on top!! Mmmm

Oh and get this, I dont eat chicken on the bone, like drumsticks or chicken wings... I only eat the chicken breast!

does that just make me fussy??

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:22am
post #15 of 59

LIVER....I hate the smell of it when it is cooking. No, I will not even try it. I know I would throw up!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #16 of 59

Eel, liver & brussel sprouts head up my list.

A long time ago, I was staying with my grandparents for a weekend while my parents were out of town. I heard something sizzling in the kitchen & ran to see what she was cooking. I didn't recognize what was in the pan, so I asked Oma (grandma) what it was. She said it was calf brain.

I thought I was having a heart attack at ten years old.

THANKfully, she had hotdogs for my brother & I. ewwwwwwwww!!!!! icon_eek.gif

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:36am
post #17 of 59

Ewh.... Brain

I LOVE Brussel Sprouts... taste simliar to Broccli... but I guess most dont like that Either!!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:36am
post #18 of 59

Any kind of sea food.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:40am
post #19 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife

A long time ago, I was staying with my grandparents for a weekend while my parents were out of town. I heard something sizzling in the kitchen & ran to see what she was cooking. I didn't recognize what was in the pan, so I asked Oma (grandma) what it was. She said it was calf brain.

I thought I was having a heart attack at ten years old.

icon_eek.gif

We once went to visit my great aunt and uncle and when I walked into the kitchen there was a sheeps head in the sink, skinned but it still had the eye balls! I was about ten too, when I asked what it was I was told it was dinner. I was so relieved we didn't stay for dinner.

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:44am
post #20 of 59

My Friend Mother is from the Phillipeans, at my friends 10th birthday they had a cooked pigs head in the middle of the table!!

I was horrified, but my friend (completley game) ripped a piece of flesh off and ate it... Ewh!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:06am
post #21 of 59

Any kind of condiments: salad dressing, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish . . . pickles, olives. Yuck!!

I also don't eat anything with tomatoes or cheese.

My only exception with the cheese is that I'll eat cheesecake, cream cheese frosting, etc. I've NEVER met a dessert I didn't like! icon_lol.gif Oh, except at a restaurant when they doused my cheesecake with raspberry balsamic vinegar. I bit into it and thought I'd die.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:32am
post #22 of 59

Melons. If any kind of melon touches anything else, then that something else is now also inedible. There are other fruits/veg that I don't care for, but melon is the only one I absolutely will not eat.

Aside from giblets in giblet gravy, I won't eat any kind of offal.

Eel, snakes, squirrel, possum, nutria, or any other kind of rodent (other than rabbit, I'll eat rabbit as long as I don't have to kill or butcher it).

Other than that, I'll eat pretty much anything....or that is, that I've run across so far, I'm sure there's other stuff that I haven't been exposed to yet, but not much!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #23 of 59

Pickled beets. Won't put them in my mouth. They taste like tree insecticide smells.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #24 of 59

I won't eat Jello either, ewwww, hate the texture.

Haaaate tomato, and cabbage.

I will eat almost any seafood, but then again I do live on the bayou.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:30am
post #25 of 59

bleu cheese

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:37am
post #26 of 59

I eat just about anything that you can throw at me, but I draw the line at okra. That stuff is just plain nasty. And I have had stir fried jelly fish when I lived in HK which was like eating rubber bands with sesame seeds thrown over it - so needless to say not keen to repeat that experience either.

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:51am
post #27 of 59

I hate the texture of yogurt and oatmeal...makes me gag
tomatos, brussel sprouts, seafood and fish are on my list of dislikes too
don't like onions but will eat them as onion rings only....lol

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:29am
post #28 of 59

I forgot about goat cheese...Eeeeeeeeewww. My friend made me try some once, and I told her that I had never french kissed a goat, but if I did I imagined that it would be like what I had just eaten.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:02pm
post #29 of 59

Hey KitKat - thanks so much for backing me up on the 'texture' dislike! I refuse to eat certain dishes because of their texture - I may love everything in the dish such as dressing - but I cannot tolerate the texture of it! But most people do not understand that theory!

Another super dislike I have with food is - i don't want one food touching another - when I take a bite of meat there is nothing else on my fork - I don't even want my potatoes touching my bread or my bread touching my meat!!

I also have to second most of what has been listed so far on the certain foods - no okra, liver, beets, cabbage aka saurkraut, brussel sprouts, catfish (but love crappie), mayo, tuna - fresh, frozen or can - sushi, -- anything considered wild game -- and my DH & DS are avid hunters -- but they are learning to cook it theirselves.

Costumeczar - I haven't tried goat cheese - but your comment made me laugh out loud!! Great start to a Monday morning!!

Suze

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:36pm
post #30 of 59

Cooked mushrooms--the mouthfeel--ewww

But because my son is a fine dining chef I have eaten things I thought I'd never put in my mouth much less ever see on my plate. And I 've enjoyed it too. Fois gras and sweetbreads and all kinds of far out stuff.

But if I eat rice and oatmeal, no sugar or fruit --savory only--rice pudding is just so wrong!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%