Walmart Ps - Is It Any Good?

Decorating By Bonniecakes08 Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm by Lee15

Bonniecakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonniecakes08 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 10

It is very inexpensive, does anyone use it? If not, what is your favorite brand and why?

9 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 10

I use it only after having bad experiences with all the other name brands.
And here it's only a few cents cheaper.
It's never been gritty or lumpy before I and I don't even sift it (except for royal).
I also use the Walmart marshmallows too, they are whiter and less elastic the Kraft.

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 10

Here it is more expensive than the CH brand, but wal-mart brand is the only one I will use. I have had the best luck with it and I don't sift either.
Their marshmallows are wonderful as well. I also only use their shortening as I have a problem with crisco. HTH Jaime

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 10

I've never had any problems with brands of sugar...

Jen icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 10

Ditto here - I use what ever I can find the cheapest. I like Aldi's brand too - which is even cheaper than wal-marts.

nadine_n Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadine_n Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Ditto here - I use what ever I can find the cheapest. I like Aldi's brand too - which is even cheaper than wal-marts.

I agree - Aldi's PS is just as good as Domino, but only about 2/3 of the price.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 10

I always used WalMart PS, but I was in there yesterday and noticed a big increase in the price. I have used store brands (A&P, Stop&Shop etc) and they work just as well. Cheaper too!

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 10

I use Aldi's PS ($1.24 for 2lb) and Aldi white shortening too. They both work fine.

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 10

I seem to be in the minority here but I've had problems with wal-mart PS. It had little lumps that were as hard as rocks. I only use Imperial because I son't have to sift it and I've never had any problems!

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

I always used WalMart PS, but I was in there yesterday and noticed a big increase in the price. I have used store brands (A&P, Stop&Shop etc) and they work just as well. Cheaper too!

I thought it was me alone. I picked it up and when I saw the price put it back. I can get Domino's cheaper at BJs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%