Quilting

Decorating By cookiecutters Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 8:33am by deliciously_decadent

cookiecutters Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 7

I am sorry if this has already been covered, but I cannot find anything about it. Can anyone tell me or guide me to a tutorial or article on how to get that quilted look on fondant? I am new and I love this look. Thanks.

6 replies
madgeowens Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 7

I recently found out there is a quilt guide you can buy and use, and its much easier...i tried eye balling and using skewer and it was not as nice as with stencil of quilt....thats not what you call it but I can't remember, someone will tell us here shortly haha

madgeowens Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 7

diamond impression mat..........................it just came to me lol

JenniferMI Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 7

I always use the three diamond quilter on my fondant cakes. LOVE that tool, super easy to use. If you want more info, PM me.

Jen icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 7

If you don't do quilting often and don't need the impression mat you can always use the 45% triangle shaped ruler and Wilton fondant embosser - easy and works just fineicon_smile.gif

Bluehue Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 7

cookiecutters, if you go Google Earlenes Cakes - you will find Quilting Mats on her site.
From memory there are 3 different sizes from 1/4 inch to 1 inch.

Clear hard plastic sheets -
I didn't find them expensive - even with the shipping from the States to Australia.

Hope this is of some help.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:33am
post #7 of 7

i recently bought a quilting tool (but have not even used it yet lol!!) before i got this i either used a sharp edged ruler or a square cutter on its side to make a diamond icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%