Will It Serve Enough

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 11:05am by Cathy26

Cathy26 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a two tier topsy turvey - i offer mini ones, basically to get practice at doing them and to encourage more people to take tiered cakes as i much prefer doing them.

I do them in 6 and 4 inch rounds. Now how many would you say this would feed? My usual two tier is either 6 and 8 or 8 and 10 inches so this really is a lot smaller and the customer only needed to serve 15-20 so said that an 8 and a 6 would be too big.

This customer was a referral from my best customers so i dont want her to be left with too little cake and was thinking if it looked very small id put in maybe 5 or 6 cupcakes just to make more cake.

what do you think - would i get 15-20 from a 6 and a 4?

cheers, Cathy

3 replies
JenniferMI Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

I'd say no.

Those cakes can be tricky as far as servings go, but that is pretty darn small. Without cutting any cake away, those two would serve 14 as wedding layers in my book.

Jen icon_smile.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 4

Better too much than too little. And like JenniferMI said, you're cutting away cake to make it topsy turvy, so you'll probably lose 1/4 of your servings right there.

I'd stick with the 8" and 10".

Good Luck - Post a pic!

Cathy26 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:05am
post #4 of 4

cheers, Il have a think and go back to the customer - its hard trying to get throught to them sometimes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%