Making A Cookie From Cupcake Batter...

Baking By BabyChee Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm by bbmom

BabyChee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyChee Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 5

I have little dilemma with my upcoming project:

I want to make a giant cupcake with the Wilton mold, and have a shaped cooking I can jam into the top when everything is done. What I need help with - how can I mix the cupcake batter so I can take a portion before completion to make the stiffer cookie, then continue mixing ingredients to make the cupcake batter.

Should I negate the milk and eggs until after I remove the cookie dough? The cookie doesn't have to be amazing, just something I can cut with a cutter and bake to be stiff and layered with fondant.

4 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 5

Why wouldnt you just make some cookie dough and make the cookie? I'm not sure if I understand. You want to use the same batter for cake and cookie? The recipes that I've tried for cake-mix cookies usually come out to , well, cakey. So If you're trying to create a cut out and have it stand up on the cupcake I think I'd use a rolled cookie recipe such as NFSC, I've also successfully made this chocolate by just subbing baking cocoa for some of the flour(I think I made 1/2 batch and subbed 1/3c cocoa for 1/3c of the flour. I hope this answers your question.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 5

I'm lost. :-/

BabyChee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyChee Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 5

BBMOM--you understood perfectly. I just wanted to avoid making a set of cookie dough for just one cookie. My hope was to find a way to leave out an ingredient to allow something harder to be made with the dough, then mix in all ingredients to create the cupcake batter.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 5

Ok, thats what I thought, but sometimes rather than experimenting, you may as well just go with what you know works. Good luck with your project, be sure to post the pic when you're done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%