Lets Change The Tune Of Today/tonight.

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 1:01pm by redheadfairy2003

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:41am
post #151 of 10090

It can be a bit scarey at times can't it - the whole "Language of Caking" - lol lol

Drums
Cashous
Dragrees
Cuplers
Dummies

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Bluehue.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:57am
post #152 of 10090

did you all miss me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had inlaws over and had a great time.

but I am back

who did what and said what lol

details people llllllllloooooooolllll

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:08am
post #153 of 10090

MISS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
I have just hung the phone up after alerting the National Guard that you aren't actually MIA. icon_wink.gif

What did you miss?
Me slaving over a hot iron icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:25am
post #154 of 10090

we have something in common I was over a hot stove making a hugh pot of chicken and sausage gumbo
glad you didn't call the National Guard I would have to make a second pot of gumbo lol
Did you get some sleep last night, I was up till late btw what time is it in Australis right now her it is 12:22 a.m. Tue oh no I am up pass midnight, does that mean anything????????

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:30am
post #155 of 10090

well it's 4:30pm Tues in Melbourne Oz right now

A BEAUTIFUL day if i do say so myself!!

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:33am
post #156 of 10090

Right now in Western Australia it is 1.30pm Tuesday afternoon...on this sunny Spring Day.

We don't have daylight saving in this State - so CC's on the East Coast are 3 hours ahead of me....... icon_sad.gif ..

Blue icon_sad.gif

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:39am
post #157 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

well it's 4:30pm Tues in Melbourne Oz right now

A BEAUTIFUL day if i do say so myself!!

it is raining here and it rained all day also but it is getting cooler so I love that part. I wish I could spent at least one winter in the mountains with tons of snow, and no electricity and lots of fire wood you know like way way back in the old days.

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:42am
post #158 of 10090

I forgot to add the little store that sells cigs and diet cokes lol

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:49am
post #159 of 10090

Oh can i add some news!

I just finished my first figurine! I actually made it out of fondant cose i didn't have gumpaste thus is kinna starting sinking and is like a fat blob of something but hey half decent for a first try lol Gotta ad some more stuff 2mrw so hopefully limbs and all don't fall off.

If i decide it's good enough i'll use it for a cake (which may or may not happen) but if not i'll either just chuck it or make another lol

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:54am
post #160 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

it is raining here and it rained all day also but it is getting cooler so I love that part. I wish I could spent at least one winter in the mountains with tons of snow, and no electricity and lots of fire wood you know like way way back in the old days.

No electricity? Then how do you get on CC? LOL

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:02am
post #161 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:

No electricity? Then how do you get on CC? LOL

oh I forgot you and Blue will be with me and Kate and we will make cookies and hot chocolate. we will have laptops with strong batteries lol

btw when you do the cake with the fondant please post, your cookies are so cute, pretty and beautiful (not saying that just for you to post more pics) yes I am I love to look at pictures

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:08am
post #162 of 10090

Blue my 600th post is for you "SURPRISE" Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Your cookies are awesome, outstanding and bootiful also (boo ti ful) for halloween lol

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:19am
post #163 of 10090

600 - well done thumbs_up.gif

Gawd, think i am too scared to see how many i have -
She who never shuts up - icon_lol.gif

Elise - email me a pic of the fugure - i am curious (nosey) - lol lol

Where is Grandmom - haven't seen her for a day or two.
And kate - are they too slaving over hot stoves?

Blue icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:24am
post #164 of 10090

OMG Bluehue I couldn't post anything till you saw the 600, I felt like I couldn't breath now I can relax again.
did you get your plastic thingie back yet lol not funny I know but you make me laugh the way you tell stories you should write a book lol no no lol sorry lol

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:35am
post #165 of 10090

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif this is my 60SIX post ....................... rofl

Will GET IT BACK tonight - otherwise i will have said cash in my hot little hand - icon_mad.gif

Ohhhh, that platic thing .............................................spare me icon_rolleyes.gif

Shall keep you posted on the *next* stage of the *plastic thing* in the *plastic thing* thread - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:31am
post #166 of 10090
Quote:

btw when you do the cake with the fondant please post, your cookies are so cute, pretty and beautiful (not saying that just for you to post more pics) yes I am I love to look at pictures

Thanks! And if the cake doesn't totally fail i'll post it but that won't be until 2 weeks away.........i just decided to get a very early start lol It's too long to wait until another cake icon_cry.gif

P.s you guys think you talk too much? I am 833 posts!!!

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:46am
post #167 of 10090

I am still patiently waiting for Officer Morgan's Key Lime Cake recipe..... icon_smile.gif
Starting on my fondant cheerleader today, wish me luck! I don't normally have it when it comes to their arms and legs staying attached, LOL

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:13pm
post #168 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim1106

I am still patiently waiting for Officer Morgan's Key Lime Cake recipe..... icon_smile.gif
Starting on my fondant cheerleader today, wish me luck! I don't normally have it when it comes to their arms and legs staying attached, LOL

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Havn't tried people figurines before, i'm too scared lol

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:58pm
post #169 of 10090

Hi everyone - I've just sat for half an hour reading this entire thread! Missed all the drama that was going on, but nice to read this one which is bright and sunny!

I had a strange day today. Weighed myself in the a.m. to discover I am now back to what I was at 9 months pregnant! icon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif
Went to playgroup with my DD and a child who is autistic ran up to me when I got there and wrapped his arms around my legs to give me a cuddle, awwwwwwww. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif (Unusual for him!)
My dad randomly sends me a text "Love you, Dad." icon_smile.gificon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif
Housework, dinner, work for 4 hours, home, tea CC and now I want to eat the last lemon cupcake that's in the fridge! tapedshut.gif (Started diet directly after stepping off the scales!)

No cakes for me today, but am thinking what to do about getting myself some Christmas orders, might attempt my first Gingerbread House this week. BTW is was freezinig on the east coast today! Can you send some heat back up from Melbourne!

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:41pm
post #170 of 10090

Hi all !

Elise- what kind of figure are you making ( I must have missed that)...mine are horrible, but I keep practicing...I made a turkey body last night and will attempt the feathers today.

All you Australian girls are so talented...is it something in the water over there ?? LOL

I live in Indiana and yesterday an old farmer (I used to work in the horticulture business and he was a client) told me that we are supposed to have a horrible winter here with tons of snow that will stay around forever...ugghh ( bad news to someone who loves the outdoors, but hates cold weather !)

lthiele - Have fun with your gingerbread house....post a pic for us !

Bluehue Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:57pm
post #171 of 10090

mim1106 - just pm OM and say "where is THAT Lime recipe" ? icon_lol.gif
I don't have a recipe for it - and never made one - so i am of no help.

Anyone else got a good lime recipe for mim1106?

KKristy [/b

b] i will blab
- it is the most gorgeous little mouse - sorry Elise, but i was toooo excited and just had to tell someone - icon_redface.gif
I asked Elise To send it to me via email - it looks as tho it is padded fabric - just devine.
I think she should just open up a Design Site where we can all place orders and have a Elise Creation when we need one - sounds like a business plan to me ................what you say Elise ? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lthiele
What State are you in?
There is a bottle of WA Sunshine on its way - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif to warm you up.
Power to you for saying NO to that last nasty Lemon Cupcake - thumbs_up.gif

Elise87
Too scared to do people figeriness - are you kidding me ???
You are a natural - when you make one, we will all be totally gobsmacked -and bow down and say - "we are not worthy oh great maker of figurines"

tatorchip - actually had some tonight - had an attack of the munchies - icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif - Rock Salt flavour - hmmmmmmmmm tatorchips - yummmm. icon_lol.gif

WHERE IS GRANDMOM
WHERE IS K8

Blue looks around .................................*shrugs*

tatorchip Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:50pm
post #172 of 10090

Elise87 show us on this thread at least ppppppppllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee

Blue I love the salt and vinegar chips (licking lips)

mim1106 maybe this will help untill om gets back to you
http://tinyurl.com/yg43j5k

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #173 of 10090
Quote:

mim1106 maybe this will help untill om gets back to you
http://tinyurl.com/yg43j5k

Thank you!! Key Lime is my fav, but I haven't perfected the recipe yet. Well, I finished my cheerleader, here she is! Opinions, suggestions, please..[/img]
Hope I do this right!
LL

lthiele Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:54pm
post #174 of 10090

Mim - OUCH! Cute but............ ouch! (Just jealous really! icon_lol.gif ) She looks great.

Bluehue I'm in NSW, on the coast about 2 hours north of Sydney. Got your sunshine, thank you! icon_biggrin.gif Temp has returned to to a much more appropriate number!

Baking for me today will be some gingerbread, maybe some mini Christmas cakes if I have time and a batch of bacon and red lentil soup! My boss and his wife have a new baby with some health problems and she is SO sleep deprived, will drop a meal off and see if she will let me sit with the baby while she has a nap. icon_wink.gif

Have a wonderful day everyone!

lthiele Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:03pm
post #175 of 10090

P.S I did say no to that cupcake. I WILL lose this weight - 1 cupcake at a time! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Elise87 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm
post #176 of 10090

Aw man i was gonna wait to show you guys with it ON the cake and that way it wouldn't look so bad lol

But ok fine i'll post it if you really have to see it lol........it is for my cousins birthday cake.

Keep in mind that:

1. I Didn't have gumpaste so ended up using fondant that went all soft so the figurine kind of melted to a blob figure
2. I didn't spend much time on it
3. It's my first and it's not completely finished (might but a b'day cake on the tray instead?)

Mim1106: your cheerleader looks great! love all the details!

P.S talking about chips, my fav is the 'Kettles' brand honey baked ham chips.....O..M..G....YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!
LL

Bluehue Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #177 of 10090

Oh there it is - agian i say TOO CUTE Elise

mim - under that *tacky cupcake thread* - its ME who will be baking 418 cuppies for a wedding in late November - nervous shiver goes down Blues back icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Oh wow - your cheerleaser is great - i thought *ouch* also, just like lthiele
did icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ithiele - thumbs_up.gif = one less cupcake
Glad your jar of *warmth* arrived icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Today = baking 4 dozen little cookies for my Restuarant order - standing order each week every Monday and Wednesday.
It is up to me what shape i do - Monday i did little hearts, today i will do little butterflys.
Speaking of which, i best get cracking, as they won't make themselves..... icon_razz.gif

Enjoy your Wednesday peoples.

Blue icon_smile.gif

KKristy Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:00am
post #178 of 10090

Good evening ladies !

mim - I love your cheerleader...the uniform is perfect...and the bow and the skirt....I could go on !

Blue - have fun cookie baking...that is what I'm doing tomorrow...more Halloween cookies. Wish I could come over and help you with the 418 cupcakes !

Elise - That cute little mouse is NOT a blob...it is adorable, like something from a children's story book ! Did you paint it and with what ?? I love that soft water color look.

Ok, Kettle chips are my favorite too, but a variety called salt and black pepper.....yummm

Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:06am
post #179 of 10090

Kkristy: Yeh it is actually a character from a children's book lol. I painted the face with ivory gel paste diluted with vodka and then the stripes on the dress is painted by mixing americolour bight white gel paint with a touch of blue gel colouring.......the americolour is great for painting pastels.

Bluehue: 418 cupcakes?!?! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif wow! GOOD LUCK!

KKristy Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:17am
post #180 of 10090

Elise,
If I had to to paint perfect stripes like that on a dress, I would be drinking the vodka, not mixing it with coloring, LOL !!
Beautiful job !
Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%