Lets Change The Tune Of Today/tonight.

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 1:01pm by redheadfairy2003

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:32pm
post #91 of 10090

crazydoglady,

I should have used crazycatlady for my CC name! We have 10 at the present, had 19 at our peak. When I met DH 21 years ago, I had 3, he had 3, the rest is as they say, history. We stopped adopting about 10 years ago for fear some would outlive us - Old Bob is pushing 22 and while ugly as sin, still going strong!

I used to volunteer and serve as a Director at a no-kill animal shelter, but job and family duties led me to give it up finally. It was rewarding and enriching, and I miss it, kinda...

Congratulations on finding a good home for your little friend!

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm
post #92 of 10090

hi bluehue!

i did check elise's photo gallery and i've never seen such amazing artwork on cookies. they almost eclipse her beautiful cakes.

i also looked at yours, your intricate detail is stunning as well.

i envy you guys for your fine motor skills and keen eyesight.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm
post #93 of 10090

I want her to come over to the West and be my next door neighbour - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif......................................................seriously

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #94 of 10090

So lovely to read about people caring for animals -
wow Grandmon - you surely are an Angel to cats - thumbs_up.gif

Me, only one little feathered friend a canary - (his name is PIE)
Because he is the two colours of Lemon Meranee Pie - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

He brings me much joy ...........and sing ?????
Like his owner - never shuts up - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue

grandmom Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:46pm
post #95 of 10090

Bluehue, I'd love to have birds... but they might not last long around here!

Bluehue Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:50pm
post #96 of 10090

icon_redface.gif I nearly asked .....................................why?
Then slaps forhead - icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

Good gawd, we have one mother of a thunderstorm sweepig across our City - i am off to shut all doors and windows -
icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

Bluehue

grandmom Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:53pm
post #97 of 10090

Bluehue, you crack me up icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #98 of 10090

let us know when it passes and that you are okay saying a prayer for you

crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #99 of 10090

yes bluehue, please let us know that you are safe.

Bluehue Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm
post #100 of 10090

The Bluehue household is safe again...................... thankyou.
The Blue caped crusader flew into action. icon_cool.gif.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Here we are entering Summer - a mild 35C today = 104F - icon_rolleyes.gif and this freek thunderstorm comes sweeping across the city.

Huge bright lights in the sky = lightening
Massive loud noises = thunder
And drops as big as fists = heavy rain.

So after racing around shutting everything that was open, i raced outside with buckets to catch as much rain as i can - oh, did i mention we are on water restrictions - so the buckets will water my Pots.

Where is my belovered i hear you ask during all of this - up stairs, tucked up in bed.................................................snoring.

How can someone sleep through all this .................. icon_confused.gif
all 3 million of us are up throughout the city............... yet he snores icon_surprised.gif
Our windows are even rattling - go figure.

I guess todays lunch festivities just plum tuckered him out...... *cough*

Ok, now back to talking cake icon_smile.gif

crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:58pm
post #101 of 10090

good to hear bluehue!
that's the funniest thunderstorm description i've heard in a long time!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:40pm
post #102 of 10090

104 is mild? <faint> <thud>

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm
post #103 of 10090

And here I am in WISCONSIN - entering late fall and it feels like winter. Saw the sun for a few hours yesterday - been cold and rainy for almost two weeks. Ahhh - how I wish we were entering summer......

I too am waiting for the key lime cake and filling recipe to be posted - crossing fingers....please.

crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:06pm
post #104 of 10090

grandmom,

i somehow overlooked your post about the kitties!
some of your neighbors may refer to you as crazycatlady.
my hat is off to you, i know what is entailed in being in charge of a shelter and i don't think i could do it.
bless your heart!
i have only one cat left, morgan and he is 20 years old. he looks like something the cat dragged in (no wait ?!)

tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 8:50pm
post #105 of 10090

Bluehue glad everything turned out fine maybe it wasn't thunder but it was zzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz lol
crazydoglady that was funny "something the cat dragged in" lol

CinHan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CinHan Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #106 of 10090

Working with my DD who came home from college today to cake with me! What a perfect day! We made our first carved cake - a pumpkin topper for a Halloween cake. We are baking and icing layers today, our gumpaste characters are all made! Everything is soooo cute so far. Can't wait to post the pic - probably Thursday. Stay tuned. ~ Cin

tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:34pm
post #107 of 10090

CinHan, can't wait to see the pic, what a great weekend you are having with your daughter. My sil came over with my grandson he is 3 and we played trucks as always lol

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #108 of 10090

Isn't the great juju with the family the best these days?

The people I meet seem happier--I get more smiles from strangers--like people at the store or something.

So I do not cook much but I am making homemade pizza today for said family to come over & partake.

The absolute best 'sauce' I've ever had is made from peeled fresh tomatoes slices. You drop the fresh tomato into boiling water for a minute--take it out and plunge it into ice water--the peel just peels off super easy peasy--then cut off one end & stick your finger in the cavities to remove all the juicey stuff --maybe sling it in the sink with a flick of your wrist to rid the last drop --slice & arrange on the pizza dough.

It's perfect 'sauce' it doens't get all gloppy and nuclearly hot--to me it's perfect.

I pre-bake my pizza crust a bit--Arrange toppings & bake.

That's amore!!! icon_biggrin.gif

TatorChip I have to tell you that my all time hands down favorite snack food or main course dinner food is 'tator chips. I love your name! Makes me smile when I see it!!!

tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 9:57pm
post #109 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

Isn't the great juju with the family the best these days?

The people I meet seem happier--I get more smiles from strangers--like people at the store or something.

So I do not cook much but I am making homemade pizza today for said family to come over & partake.

The absolute best 'sauce' I've ever had is made from peeled fresh tomatoes slices. You drop the fresh tomato into boiling water for a minute--take it out and plunge it into ice water--the peel just peels off super easy peasy--then cut off one end & stick your finger in the cavities to remove all the juicey stuff --maybe sling it in the sink with a flick of your wrist to rid the last drop --slice & arrange on the pizza dough.

It's perfect 'sauce' it doens't get all gloppy and nuclearly hot--to me it's perfect.

I pre-bake my pizza crust a bit--Arrange toppings & bake.

That's amore!!! icon_biggrin.gif

TatorChip I have to tell you that my all time hands down favorite snack food or main course dinner food is 'tator chips. I love your name! Makes me smile when I see it!!!

That is my doggies name his dad (now gone) we had named him tatortot and tatorchip was so tiny we named him tatorchip and that is how I got my name. lol
I love to eat tator chips also and so does tatorchip, lol I am tatored out lol
I also love home made pizza ummmmmmmmmmm (hint hint)

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #110 of 10090

On my agenda for today is making a couple of large Phantom of the Opera masks for a cast party cake for the closing of the show my son and husband are in, after 18 shows. I've never made anything with fondant other than small figures, so this will be a new experience for me.

For this production, the Phantom's mask isn't just white, it has a design painted on it, so this will also be my first experience with painting onto fondant.

I will also make a bunch of mini masks for on top of cupcakes. Those will be made with vanilla Tootsie Rolls, instead of fondant.

crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 10:26pm
post #111 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

On my agenda for today is making a couple of large Phantom of the Opera masks for a cast party cake for the closing of the show my son and husband are in, after 18 shows. I've never made anything with fondant other than small figures, so this will be a new experience for me.

For this production, the Phantom's mask isn't just white, it has a design painted on it, so this will also be my first experience with painting onto fondant.

I will also make a bunch of mini masks for on top of cupcakes. Those will be made with vanilla Tootsie Rolls, instead of fondant.

sounds beautiful! hope you will post pics.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:22pm
post #112 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

I also love home made pizza ummmmmmmmmmm (hint hint)

We have hot Italian sausage, spinach with garlic & feta, and cheese with shallots. On whole wheat crust.

What would you like??? icon_biggrin.gif

RP--those masks & stuff sound awesome.

tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:43pm
post #113 of 10090

1 slice Italian sausage and 1 slice cheese with shallots, I'll bring southern ice tea and EACH of us a large bag of chips. lol

crazydoglady Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 11:51pm
post #114 of 10090

i'll bring beer!

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #115 of 10090

Hey back to the always lovely Bluehue, Love the happy thread icon_smile.gif

Yeh i'm alright thanks. The cake and dinner you made yesterday sounds delish.

I was so bummed yesterday cose a cake i made totally failed (i can really suck at baking sometimes lol) but i used a different recipe and re-did it and i think it's alright, just got to fill and ice it today.

It is a medira cake with chocolate mousse filling and whipped cream frosting...YUM!!

.....but you know what? I CAN"T EAT ANY OF IT COST OF THE GLUTEN/FRUCTOSE FREE DIET THEY PUT ME ON AHHHHH!! I can't even eat the cookies i make icon_cry.gif

But i have been making these cake/cookies while feeling nauseas every single day (accidently ate something which lots of fructose) so i guess it doesn't matter as much since i don't really feel like them anyway lol But don't even want to be near food at the moment tapedshut.gif

Ok now to a happier subject lol

K8memphis: mmmmmmmmmmm pizza...llluuuuvvvvvv pizza!

Redpand: Oh my gosh i LOVE phantom. Went to see the official stage show one here in Oz last year LOVED it icon_biggrin.gif Would love to do a phantom cake oneday!

And finally:

Bluehue, Tatorchip and crazydoglady!!: Gosh you guys are super nice to say such lovely things about my work, lovely thing to wake up to this morning, really appreciate the kind words icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #116 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

1 slice Italian sausage and 1 slice cheese with shallots, I'll bring southern ice tea and EACH of us a large bag of chips. lol

You're on!!

<insert wildly clapping hands smilie face>

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:53am
post #117 of 10090

Do you guys in America have meat pies?

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:54am
post #118 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Do you guys in America have meat pies?

I had some chicken pot pie today--was kind of gummy--but we don't have the kind I think you mean.

Elise87 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:07am
post #119 of 10090

oh my gosh they are soo yummy! And you can even have a thing called a shepards pie where it is the meat in the pastry pie crust with mashed potato on top icon_lol.gif

i feel sick and i still feel like one LOL

I more buy the pies then make them but maybe someone else has a good recipe they use that you could try a homemade one one time icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #120 of 10090

Forgive me--I make shepard's pie. (duh Kate) But even though apparently it's called pie I make it in a rectangle shaped pan so while technically a pie it's more meat square than meat pie somehow.

But mine has no pastry crust.

But my friend in Canada explained to me about this one meat pie she makes and dude, I've never had anything like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%