Lets Change The Tune Of Today/tonight.

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 1:01pm by redheadfairy2003

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:09am
post #211 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

Woo hoo Elise - your little bags made the CC Newsletter!!

Its an Aussie take-over! CONGRATULATIONS!

I know I know!!! I got so excited lol

I would like to thank my mum, my dad and also the wonderful handbags that i own that gave me inspiration

.....sorry what? i don't need to make a speech??

LOL icon_lol.gif

Oh and i saw your choc mudcake recipe on it too Pam!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:06pm
post #212 of 10090

Congratulations to you both for making it into the newsletter.

Pam - i was just re-looking at your recipe and i noticed it doesn't have oil in it.
Usually most CMC recipes do -
So, i am surely going to try this out this week....thankyou for posting it.
Oh, have you made cupcakes from it?
And if so - is suitable for cuppies?

Thankyou.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:18pm
post #213 of 10090

Oh wow! didn't notice hahahahaha - I was excited to make it last month with the mini cakes ( think the young couple receiving it were MORE excited!!)

No Blue - no oil !! I've only noticed oil in the premix cakes.
This one is one of my favs, never had a flop (except for the time I used plain flour instead of SR!) - It stays moist for weeks - have personally eaten this ... torted, ganached and fondanted - 3 weeks after baking!

I call ganache - the marzipan for the 21st century!

Bluehue Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:33pm
post #214 of 10090
Quote:

Oh wow! didn't notice hahahahaha - I was excited to make it last month with the mini cakes MINI CAKES - WHAT HAVE I MISSED NOW - icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ( think the young couple receiving it were MORE excited!!)

No Blue - no oil !! I've only noticed oil in the premix cakes.
This one is one of my favs, never had a flop (except for the time I used plain flour instead of SR!) I just looked at the PC Mud Cake and they not only use 60gms of SR but a whopping 320 of PF - - It stays moist for weeks - have personally eaten this ... torted, ganached and fondanted - 3 weeks after baking!
Now that is extremly handy to know - i thinkkkkk Pams Mud cake will become the new CMC in this household - sounds tooo good to shove away and never be used - truely.
Thankyou again for posting it.
Have printed it out and popped into my Recipe file thumbs_up.gif

I call ganache - the marzipan for the 21st century!
LOL - I call it *a must* under my Regalice

Its odd to me that so many CC's from the USA are JUST starting to use it - can't count how many comments i have typed on here about it.
Yet us Australians couldn't *cake* without it most times icon_smile.gif

Blue

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:47pm
post #215 of 10090

Congratulations Elise and Pam so glad for ya'll

Elise told you so----told you so----told-told-told-you-so lol

Bluehue that was a long lunch, I tried to stay up waiting for you but I was so sleepy, I thought that the older you get the less sleep you need but heck I can't stay awake lately lol glad you had a good time.

Pam I am going to try that recipe for dh he has been hinting for a cake poor thing I have been on a cookie wave for a while and he likes his cake lol

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:08pm
post #216 of 10090

LOL, so my husband called and said he has a friend who told him that he thinks what he eats should taste like what it looks like (example, he said green icing is lime, apple, mint, etc. red would be strawberry or cherry flavored) He wants me to make him a yellow cake with brown icing with the Key Lime cake recipe with cream cheese icing. So, that is my project for tonight (along with making "Mama's pumpkin cream cheese muffins"

tatorchip Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:15pm
post #217 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim1106

LOL, so my husband called and said he has a friend who told him that he thinks what he eats should taste like what it looks like (example, he said green icing is lime, apple, mint, etc. red would be strawberry or cherry flavored) He wants me to make him a yellow cake with brown icing with the Key Lime cake recipe with cream cheese icing. So, that is my project for tonight (along with making "Mama's pumpkin cream cheese muffins"

good luck, we love our hubbies so much lol I wouldn't know what to do without mine he loves to baby me lol but I baby him also when he is sick lol

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:49am
post #218 of 10090

Good morning!

My apologizes for talking so much yesterday, wasn't feeling well and bored so went a bit over the top with the postings lol

Anyway i am giving this thread (and my wrist/hand, still aches as anything!!) a rest this arvo plus it's a lovely day, might go sit outside in the warm sun and read a book Also maybe have a bowl of egg and bacon sort of carbonara dish for lunch to cheer myself up after being down cose of a cake situation with a friend, but since it isn't happy doesn't belong in this thread icon_sad.gif

Oh by the way i have put this on CC before but incase you didn't see it watch this video: it is of Actor Gene Kelly tap dancing on roller skates....just brillant!! I love classical movies icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:18am
post #219 of 10090

Elise wrote - - Also maybe have a bowl of egg and bacon sort of carbonara dish for lunch to cheer myself up after being down cose of a cake situation with a friend, but since it isn't happy doesn't belong in this thread

What happened - have i missed a post?

You can post about it here - when i started this thread it was because there was an air of personnel attacks happening and i could see everything going pear shape and maybe some lovely people leaving the site icon_sad.gif
But gee, if you want to *talk* by all means - remember - a problem shared is sometimes the best thing to lift the icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif weight from your shoulders and mind.

Have just finished sweeping the driveway again and saying hello to my plants - icon_redface.gif Saw a few lady bugs - which means the garden is healthy thumbs_up.gif

mim wrote My kids and I made a list of where we wanted to visit before they moved out (I have 11 yrs AT LEAST until then) and they put Australia at the top of the list!

We will be here when you come to holiday - thumbs_up.gif
I will be the mad women at the airport waving a cupcake teatowell high in the air - that way you will see me - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hmmm, i am thinking i might ATTEMPT to make a Lime cake - never made one - not something that is mentioned alot over here -
Should/could be interesting.
Now, just going to go back and see what page the recipe was on - wish me luck - i might get lost inamongst all those pages - icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Enjoy your Thursday everyone....stay safe.

ETA .......

Ok - i found the recipe (page 12) -
Qustion - what is the differance between Lime Juice and KEY Lime Juice - or is that a brand name.
Because i have plenty of fesh Limes here.
Can i use theose instead?

All answers gratefully recieved -

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:39am
post #220 of 10090

i think key lime is just another type of lime but i am not sure

My problem: Oh it's just a friend (who i havn't spoken to for ages) rang me up at 9pm last night and asked me to make her a cake by this arvo icon_eek.gif I said ok cose that's what i do *sigh* and said see how i go and then rang her up a bit later and said i probably wouldn't be able to have it done by then but even though she said oh i don't want to stress you out or anything (cose i have another cake this weekend plus i'm not well) but at the same time she wouldn't let me out of making the cake trying to change things around so she could still get the cake. Anyway we made it that i would make cupcakes for her for 2mrw instead but i'm not that happy about the situation cose i sort of felt pressure into doing them.

i am one of those people that 'DON'T SAY NO!!'

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:11am
post #221 of 10090

Elise, why didn't you tell me you were sick, here I was talking my head off and you were sick, I hope you are feeling better and tell the friend that you aren't feeling good and can't make her cuppies, if that is what you want to do. I can't say no either so why am I telling you to lol

Bluehue, yes key lime is another type of lime they are very small and a little more tart, not much just a little. I used regular lime juice and it was fine. We love lime cake and key lime pie. Lime salt with beer for sure.

I am watching some t.v. with dh and on CC but he doesn't mine. I am quite that way lol

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:29am
post #222 of 10090

Tatorchip: No i will just do the cupcakes, i can't be bothered not doing them lol I am just making and painting the stuff to put on them now.

And oh don't worry about me this 'sickness' problem isn't recent, it has been going on for almost a year just gets worse from time to time so i'm use to it and no it's nothing major to worry about lol

Talk away i say....didn't i say i wasn't going to be on this thread this arvo icon_rolleyes.gif

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:36am
post #223 of 10090

I love talking to you so don't worry about talking too much. lol

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:40am
post #224 of 10090

what does arvo mean and what does it mean when someone calls you petal lol I am a cajun and we use certain words that some people don't know and I was just wondering.

Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:44am
post #225 of 10090

Elise - thankyou.... i was hoping that the *lime* bizzo wouldn't be difficult - - so i shall just use the limes i have - noooo, i will go buy some lime jusice - tht way i know it won't be soooooooooooo *suck your cheeks in cause it's tooo tart*
Second thought i might buy that Pure Lime Cordial you can get - surely that won't be *suck your cheeks in*

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

As for your friend - hmmmm, amazing isn't it how *cakers* come in handy - icon_rolleyes.gif

I have a problem saying *no* to last minute orders - altho i am getting better and thinking "do i reallyyyyy need this"?
Trouble is sometimes we get an attck of the guilts if we do say no - and then beat ourselves up about it - espcially if they are friends.

So from last weekend i now take the truely business approach -
[i]Let me check my calander - Sorry - fully booked - [/iBecause i refuse to do the 43 hours straight just so as i come across as a nice person.
*Nice* doesn't rub your tired feet and *nice* doesn't come in and clean my kitchen when i have 3 cakes on the go.
It took a while because i wanted my business up and running - but now - i am *nice* to me icon_smile.gif

And i do hope you are feeling better soon - and you surely don't need the added grief of being *nice* when you are not well.
Hugs to you.

Tatorchip - Yayyyy, now i know what a Key Lime is -thankyou thumbs_up.gif
LOL - "you are quiet" - haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hope the tapping of the keyboard isn't annoying him - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
What movie are you wtching?

Blue. icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:46am
post #226 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

what does arvo mean and what does it mean when someone calls you petal lol I am a cajun and we use certain words that some people don't know and I was just wondering.

lol

Ok well:
arvo = afternoon
Calling someone eg "hello petal" is like saying "hello sweetie" or "hello dear"

does that make sense?

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:52am
post #227 of 10090

Bluehue: Well this is actually the first time anyone has actually asked me to make something for them! so after they have seen me making all these cakes n stuff i felt bad saying i won't make something for her.

The cupcakes are going to a friend of her's i don't know but she said she didn't want to buy a store cake and though i could do something instead cose it would be alot better

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:53am
post #228 of 10090

every once in a while I do get the eye roll and I just turn up the t.v. a tad lol
we are watching hummmmmmmm oh I didn't get the name of that one, okay he is landing on never mine he has the remote and I think I see smoke coming out of it lol men and their toys, hey that could be a great stocking stuffer a new remote, I am babbling now, I hate to be quiet lol

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:56am
post #229 of 10090

Elise, now I understand lol

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:14am
post #230 of 10090

Bluehue did u ever try that white packet cake mix?

My gosh i think of things randomly lol

Also did you guys view the link i posted?

ApplegumKitchen Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:16am
post #231 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

ARVO is another one of those Australianisms! means... afternoon icon_biggrin.gif

and..... PETAL - is like a 'term of endearment" ..... don't worry about it, petal ..... sort of like 'honey' but more often used amongst women.

Funny - how things get said and we don't realise that others are not sure what we mean..

OK ... so maybe YOU can help us Aussies on this one-

We have a brand of biscuits here called CREOLE CREAMS - they have been on the shelves for about 3 years - This week there was a big hoo-hhaa about the name being offensive and then are having to re-brand the biscuits.

Can you tell why CREOLE would be considered offensive - it has something to do with the two words together CREOLE & CREAM??

ApplegumKitchen Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:19am
post #232 of 10090

mmm - how did that happen? when I posted this response there were no other posts after the question.

The the minute I click send - suddenly there are 4 or 5 posts above mine

Oh well - at least you know it must be the truth if TWO people say the same thing !! LOL

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:26am
post #233 of 10090
Quote:

mmm - how did that happen? when I posted this response there were no other posts after the question.

The the minute I click send - suddenly there are 4 or 5 posts above mine

Oh well - at least you know it must be the truth if TWO people say the same thing !! LOL

maybe we were just typing really really fast lol I tell you what, cc probably has increased my typing speed icon_smile.gif

BTW Tatorchip: i am watching 'Faulty Towers' on Dvd...do u know that series? It is fairly old

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:44am
post #234 of 10090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

i am one of those people that 'DON'T SAY NO!!'

Elise - it gets easier as you get older! A while ago I had a spare ARVO icon_lol.gif and wrote a little thing called "I am a Cake Decorator". This is one paragraph..........

"I realise its my fault that you forgot to organise a cake for your Fathers 60th tomorrow. I didnt mean it when I said no the first two phone calls, you saving face is way more important than my sons soccer grand final. And yes you can have the 4 tier, fishing themed cake you told everyone you were getting, complete with gumpaste Marlin leaping out of the water and your dad sitting in a replica 40 foot Cruiser. Sleep for me is over-rated, but you rest easy, dont want bags for the party."

This is my sarcastic humour of course - it's meant to be funny!

Congrats on the newsletter! "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:48am
post #235 of 10090

Ithiele: I remember reading that lol Though it was funny icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:30am
post #236 of 10090

Oh just quickly i just clicked on my chocolate mousse filling link and it says the recipe is no longer available icon_eek.gif

Thank-goodness i wrote it down! Question: Should i put it in the recipe section on here?

Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:14am
post #237 of 10090

Sorry tatorchip -
Petal is a word i use alllllllllllllllll the time.
I mean it in a kind manner -
I was taught never call anyone Darling, Dear or Sweetie as it may sound condisending.

Thus i use the word Petal ......Its far more feminine that Mate or Buddy.

Elise - oohhhhhhhhhh - a choclate Mousse Recipe - sounds delish.
Hmmm, wonder why it isn't to be found - how odd.
Perhaps when you have a minnie (minute) you can post it here for
us........ please................thankyou.

lthiele - Sleep for me is over-rated, but you rest easy, dont want bags for the party
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa love it - great wit - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
My kind of humour - icon_wink.gif

Blue icon_smile.gif

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:31am
post #238 of 10090

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

BTW did you get your stand back yet Blue?

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:47am
post #239 of 10090

REAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING:

-1 envelope unflavoured Gelatin
-2 tblsp cold water
-1/4 cup boiling water
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup cocoa
-1 + 1/2 cups cold whipping cream
-2 tsp vanilla essence

- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand for 1 min to soften.
- Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear and cool slightly.
- In another bowl mix together the sugar and the cocoa: add cold whipping cream and vanilla essence.
- Beat on medium until stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat well until blended

*I recommend putting it in the fridge for a bit to firm up with the gelatin or you can leave it overnight in the fridge and then just leave out for 15 mins next day and then just stir it a bit with a spoon before putting in the cake*

tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:59pm
post #240 of 10090

Pam, Creole are people from the city like New Orleans (Nawlins)
Cajuns are poeple from rural or small towns and I am Cajun so I really don't know anything about the
biscutes but I do know the food between us is somewhat different. I loved going to Nawlins before
Katrina but haven't been lately.

Ithiele, I remember that also and thought it was so funny

Elise, thank you for the recipe and the info thanks petal lol

Bluehue, I knew it was something nice (petal) I noticed you use it with me and others and I took it as kind I
just was wondering what it meant lol I love all you gals and ya'll never come across as nothing
but nice that is why I like hanging with ya'll and of course I also learn so much from ya'll and
ya'll make me laugh a lot really love that. Wow what a party we could have lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%