Frozen Shoulder

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm by quilting2011

quilting2011  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

My right shoulder is in a sling. I have frozen shoulder.

I have to take a break from baking and decorating. The physical therapist gave me exercises to increase range of motion.

Has any members had shoulder issues such as a frozen shoulder.

How long did it take your shoulder to get full range of motion.

I guess I want to get well soon so I can bake cakes!!!!!

4 replies
 Texas_Rose  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 5

I had a shoulder spasm after a car accident. One shoulder was a couple inches higher than the other and the muscles on my back on that side felt rock hard (very unusual for me LOL). I could still move my arm but it was sore. It took about a month of using a heat pad every day, taking ibuprofen, and using massage on the shoulder to get it back to normal.

I hope you feel better soon! Make sure you rest and follow those exercises so that you really get better. If you don't have a heating pad, it's a big help for stuff like this.

tatorchip  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I had a shoulder spasm after a car accident. One shoulder was a couple inches higher than the other and the muscles on my back on that side felt rock hard (very unusual for me LOL). I could still move my arm but it was sore. It took about a month of using a heat pad every day, taking ibuprofen, and using massage on the shoulder to get it back to normal.

I hope you feel better soon! Make sure you rest and follow those exercises so that you really get better. If you don't have a heating pad, it's a big help for stuff like this.

I agree that is exactly what my dh had to do with his shoulder heating pad and ibuprofen was what the Dr. told him

Mensch  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

I see my massage therapist about every third-fourth week. Without her I would probably be disabled.

Baking is a very physical job.

quilting2011  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips. My husband is going to buy me a heating pad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%