Frozen Shoulder

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm by quilting2011

quilting2011 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

My right shoulder is in a sling. I have frozen shoulder.

I have to take a break from baking and decorating. The physical therapist gave me exercises to increase range of motion.

Has any members had shoulder issues such as a frozen shoulder.

How long did it take your shoulder to get full range of motion.

I guess I want to get well soon so I can bake cakes!!!!!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 5

I had a shoulder spasm after a car accident. One shoulder was a couple inches higher than the other and the muscles on my back on that side felt rock hard (very unusual for me LOL). I could still move my arm but it was sore. It took about a month of using a heat pad every day, taking ibuprofen, and using massage on the shoulder to get it back to normal.

I hope you feel better soon! Make sure you rest and follow those exercises so that you really get better. If you don't have a heating pad, it's a big help for stuff like this.

tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I had a shoulder spasm after a car accident. One shoulder was a couple inches higher than the other and the muscles on my back on that side felt rock hard (very unusual for me LOL). I could still move my arm but it was sore. It took about a month of using a heat pad every day, taking ibuprofen, and using massage on the shoulder to get it back to normal.

I hope you feel better soon! Make sure you rest and follow those exercises so that you really get better. If you don't have a heating pad, it's a big help for stuff like this.

I agree that is exactly what my dh had to do with his shoulder heating pad and ibuprofen was what the Dr. told him

Mensch Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

I see my massage therapist about every third-fourth week. Without her I would probably be disabled.

Baking is a very physical job.

quilting2011 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips. My husband is going to buy me a heating pad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%