Almost A Disaster

Decorating By Texas_Rose Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 2:17pm by -K8memphis

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 2

I procrastinated a bit and ended up staying up all night finishing this cake. It's sitting on the turntable on my counter. I had a really hard time working on it because I heard last night that the little sister of the birthday girl tried to commit suicide earlier in the week and had been hospitalized. There's more to the story than that, but anyhow, the cake was slow going because I kept thinking about that poor family and getting a little weepy.

So anyhow, the cake is on the turntable in the kitchen. The kids were watching TV and I was laying on the bed resting. I couldn't box up the cake because my dang camera battery has to charge before I can take a picture of it. Anyhow, I was in my room and my 4 year old came in and asked me for some cake scraps. I was in the process of getting up and going to the kitchen when all of a sudden there was a huge thud in the kitchen, followed by someone crying but not able to get out words.

DH and I got up and ran for the kitchen. My 4 year old was standing in the doorway, trying her best to cry around a huge mouthful of cake. I'm ashamed to say we pushed past her and ran to check the cake. Fortunately it was all right. We made her spit out the cake scraps so she could tell us what happened. The big thud was Sophia standing up on the rolling chair I use in the kitchen (still can't stand up long enough to do a whole cake) to reach the cake scraps. She fell off the chair and hit her head on the floor. She's okay...she has a very hard head icon_biggrin.gif but I can't believe we went for the cake before the kid.

And now I can't nap because I'm afraid that the kids will kill the cake.

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 2

I mean it's not like they were knocked unconscious and you ran past them--they both seemed fine and stuffing cake in their little faces. The cake is the most logical commodity to hit the floor with a thud. You're a Mom--you did a triage assessment in the nanosecond it took to reach the kitchen.

No worries I'd a done the exact same.

So sorry for your friend's kid. I can't imagine.
Tragedy averted though huh.
I hope the sister will be ok and everyone will recover and she'll be out of the hospital soon. wow

(((big hug)))

Quote by @%username% on %date%