Hair On My Cup Cakes. Embarassing!

Decorating By Sweetsbym Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 2:05pm by JenniferMI

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:37am
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Does the name Ruth Buzzy mean anything to any of you? That'd be me in a hair net. And I'd have the net mark on my forehead and flat hair for half a day after I took it off.

LOL - now there's a blast from the past. I'd totally forgotten about her until you said that. She was quite fetching in her hair net, yes???

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:45am
post #32 of 38

I am just a home baker for family and friends but put on a bandanna tied behind my neck so no hair sticks out and put on an apron. It makes me feel domestic and "professional" at the same time. I like the idea of a mans dress shirt just for baking or putting on a clean t shirt. I usually just wear what I had on that day but a fresh shirt is a good suggestion.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:00am
post #33 of 38

[quote the bakery and I wear a heavy hairnet. I have to wear it high on my forehead or I also get the all day red mark across my forehead![/quote]

Yep, that's the Ruth Buzzy look!!!!!

Fraggle_07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fraggle_07 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:57am
post #34 of 38

OOh i might have to look for one of those hats too. I'd never thought about the whole hair thing. I only makes cakes as a hobby but i'm doing two wedding cakes next year and that could be a worry!

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:35pm
post #35 of 38

I always wear a hair scarf and an apron. If I go out and come back into the house I change my shirt and then put on the apron. I am so nervous about the same thing...I may just look into the surgical caps just to be on the safe side! thumbs_up.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:57pm
post #36 of 38

i use a simliar head band to the one posted, i also used to have a pixie crop, but now my hairs doen past my shoulders, its a nightmare as i shed like a dog! i put my head band on to keep my fringe out of the way, tie in a ponytailand then put that into a bun with a clip. Still find the odd stray hair im in in one of those frenzied modes, so il tie a bandana round my entire head haha just for good measure. my brother has eyes like a hawk so im always paranoid about it lol

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #37 of 38

I have bra strap length hair and keep it tied in a pony tail and wear a headband while baking. I used to own a dog who shed like...well a dog and was so paranoid I would individually wrap every single cookie whenever I made cookies (sometimes over a 100 at a time) to ensure I wouldn't get dog hair or dog "essence" on the cookies while they were sitting at home overnight. Piling a bunch of cookies in a big sealed tupperwear box didn't seem "safe" enough for meicon_smile.gif I just wouldn't even bother making cakes or cookies now if I owned a dog or cat - too much stress. But OMG - do I ever miss my dog (he passed away just over a year ago-old age) - he was worth the extra workicon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 2:05pm
post #38 of 38

Yup, wear a hairnet.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%