Rkt In Oz?

Decorating By katielb Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 11:55pm by katielb

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:38am
post #1 of 6

Im hoping any Aussie's can help me out.
Ive never used RKT's on a cake but see it used everywhere on a lot of cakes o/s. Would the Kelloggs LCM's be the same kind of thing and do you think they would work?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:48am
post #2 of 6

I just looked it up and that's the same thing icon_biggrin.gif Usually we make our own from the cereal and marshmallows instead of buying the premade, but the premade ones would work as well, just maybe be a little more expensive.

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 6

Or make it yourself using Rice Bubbles icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 6

yeh i think LCM's are the same so you could buy them. Could also make it yourself if you want

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 6

Making your own would be heaps cheaper ..... and think of all that packaging!! on the LCM's

This is a recipe I got off Jonny Gordens's blog
http://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2008/11/lion-king-cake-and-more/

Rice Crispies Recipe

Ive adjusted the recipe for Aussie measurements, and for the 250g bags of marshmallows available here.

Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a large bowl. Add 250g of marshmallows and toss to coat. Microwave for 45 secs, stir and microwave another 45 secs and stir. Microwave another 10-15 secs if necessary to fully melt the marshmallows.

Add 5 cups of rice bubbles and stir until mixed well. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before using.

Note: The hotter the marshmallows the harder the rice crispies will be, so if in doubt, its better to microwave a bit longer than necessary.

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much everyone!! I really appreciate the responses.
Pam thank you for the recipe - ill definately be trying it out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%