Bye Cc!

Decorating By LaBellaFlor Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm by Shelle_75

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:29pm
post #31 of 43

"Some days you have to sift through a lot of dirt before you find the gold"
--- unknown

I guess each of us has to decide if it's worth it or not...

As for me??? It's absolutely worth my time! I've learned more here on CC then I could have learned in a lifetime on my own.

... sifting... sifting... sifting... sifting........... thumbs_up.gif

AuntieE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieE Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:56pm
post #32 of 43

Make cake, not war.

damanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
damanda Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:58pm
post #33 of 43

Wow!! I thought this was a place for talkin about cake and not a place about drama. Can we just talk about cake?
Love ya

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:06pm
post #34 of 43

[quote="Bluehue"]Somewhere in our own world - Someone is mourning a loss far more real than what happens on this forum. quote]

I'm glad you said this, because as it happens, I am in mourning right now. I was debating commenting to this very same thing. I won't go into details, but the pain from this is so terrible it doesn't compare.

I tried to come in the other day and read some forums, just to get my mind away from the death that had occurred just hours before. I was reading a forum, couldn't begin to guess which one, and it seemed tense and I didn't care for the tone, and certianly not something that was going to help me during that time. I realized that it may or may not have been what was being posted but the way I was feeling, so I was reading things differently then they were meant. I realized then that it must happen way too often that someone is simply having an off day and they read something into a post that was intended, or the poster says something in a way they don't really mean. I simply knew it wasn't the right time for me to be reading and left.

Now, 3 days later, I have my true reality of my circumstances set in and I came in to read again, and this is the first postings I've read. I just hope that the post I quoted from helps some people. And I hope you are still reading and don't leave. I'm posting only a short time, but I've learned so much, from so many, including you. I know that my pain will ease with time, and I hope that you are back to posting just the same way.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Sadly by coming on and saying *bye* because of certain threads seems to have created just as much drama as what that other threads created.
Go figure that icon_rolleyes.gif :roll

EXACTLY!!!

If a person chooses to leave for whatever reason, then *just* leave. There is absolutely no need to bring attention and drama to yourself. It seems like a disguised plea for ego-stroking if you ask me.

I have not been here very long, and I always said to myself that I'm here for cake and not drama, but there are a few particular posters who seem to enjoy creating drama. The one that comes to my mind, is the one who throws stones in glass houses....i.e our resident slinky. *hint hint* icon_lol.gif There are others that come to mind too, but I'll hold those opinions to myself until a more opportune time.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:16pm
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Sadly by coming on and saying *bye* because of certain threads seems to have created just as much drama as what that other threads created.
Go figure that icon_rolleyes.gif :roll

EXACTLY!!!

If a person chooses to leave for whatever reason, then *just* leave. There is absolutely no need to bring attention and drama to yourself. It seems like a disguised plea for ego-stroking if you ask me.

I have not been here very long, and I always said to myself that I'm here for cake and not drama, but there are a few particular posters who seem to enjoy creating drama. The one that comes to my mind, is the one who throws stones in glass houses....i.e our resident slinky. *hint hint* icon_lol.gif There are others that come to mind too, but I'll hold those opinions to myself until a more opportune time.

I am open about enjoying cake drama, but I do feel that there is one person who is very riled up right now who has been creating threads to perpetuate the drama they say they despise. If you like drama, just own it. Don't walk around all righteous saying you don't and but then cause it.

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

(That's not directed at you Nancy or Blue)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm
post #37 of 43

Sorry for your loss, Cownsj.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm
post #38 of 43

*sigh*

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:23pm
post #39 of 43

Ohhhh cownsj,
How very sad for you icon_sad.gif and i send my depest condolances to you and yours.

But it is true, and sadly you have made my post a reality.

The crap that goes on here is nothing that compares to the real world -

People want to go - go - why draw out the agony.
PM people to say goodbye -

But to get bent out of shape because of what small minded people say on a thread .......... spare me.

Anybody would think this site is for kindergarten kids some times.
Your pain is real cownsj AND I FEEL VERY SAD FOR YOU - and after reading your *real life* heartache i had to respond -

Hopefully YOUR post will make others sit up and and take notice that their pain is so shallow......just like a 1 inch cake tin.

Take care
Bluehue.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:30pm
post #40 of 43

I am sorry for your lost, my condolenses, (sp).

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:33pm
post #41 of 43

Well, this is certainly making me forget I have h1n1! Of course I haven't been on here much for a few days because of it and I have no clue what anyone is talking about!

Jodie

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:36pm
post #42 of 43

Thank you all. Your good wishes mean so much to me. It was hard to even write that post because I knew it would start my tears again. But..... well, you know.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm
post #43 of 43

You know, if it weren't for the fact that there actually are a few fellas on this website, I'd say we were all suffering from a case of mass-hysteria-PMS.

Get ahold of yourselves, people. It's a website about cake. A wonderful website, yes, but still about cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%