Bye Cc!

Decorating By LaBellaFlor Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm by Shelle_75

LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:28am
post #1 of 43

Okay, so I really love this site. I met (in a round about way) some great people on here. I think 99% of us come on here with the best of intentions, only to help. Does everyone come on here to help express in the sweetest manner, not always. Is the Business Forum a tough one, which by the way is mentioned at the top of the forum in the thread that says "Read before Posting in the Business Forum", yes. I think a lot of people may want to read that. I don't understand how people get so OVERLY sensitive when they don't hear what they want to hear. I mean, seriously, we don't even live by each other, how can we get so upset with a stranger. Do I think people come on here with different agendas, yes. And that is okay too, just don't get upset when someone calls you on it or questions you about it. If it's not true, then whatever, ya know what I mean. I don't understand why we can't just disagree and leave it at that. All of this has been really too much and I think I need to step back. I mean really, did I just read an OP tell someone to PM them for their address if they want to fight them!?!? I mean , serious. The person was making a very general comment and the OP literally took that to heart. I'm just shocked. So if anyone has a question, PM me. I am still more then willing to help. Other then that, I wish everyone the best in their cake dreams and for those who want to start a business, make sure when you do, GET IN BUSINESS! thumbs_up.gif
Peace.

42 replies
Lenette Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:39am
post #2 of 43

I agree all the nastiness on here lately is sad and ridiculous. Sorry to see you go but I do understand you need a break from the silly drama. Unfortunately, a few ruin in for the masses...

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:41am
post #3 of 43

I know I'm not alone in hoping this is just a 'vacation' from CC for you, and not a 'permanent holiday'. I know what you mean, and completely understand your need to step back from it, but please don't let others issues become yours.

Some people just don't know how to react; some people read their reactions incorrectly. You can't read inflection in a typed text, so people read it the way they want to, which isn't necessarily how the typist intended, and this is where the issues/disagreements/arguments start. (If I type "HEY, YOU!", and I'm greeting a friend, or to yell at someone who is stealing. You can't tell.)

I do hope you'll come back soon. While you're on you CC vacation, enjoy a margarita at the swim up bar for me. icon_wink.gif

Motta Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #4 of 43

Sorry to hear this......You're a tough cookie but I truly feel you've given sound advice even when it's not what someone wants to hear. That kind of honesty is much needed and I'll miss ya!! I hope you'll pop in from time to time to visit us. sigh...

kaseyrconnect Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:45am
post #5 of 43

I understand what you are saying about some of the drama, but gosh, I hate to see you leave.

tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:06am
post #6 of 43

what

CarolAnn Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:13am
post #7 of 43

I always hate to see it when good people leave cc. Fact is some members (myself included most of the time) don't really belong in the Business forums, because it's not a real business for us. Don't go gettin your dander up, I'm not talkin about anyone else in particular. Something everyone ought to remember is if a thread gets to you just stop watching it. There's always a lot around for folks to get involved in. It's such a grand waste of energy getting upset about these forums. People will always disagree. There will ALWAYS be those who are looking for an argument. And those who will start them then sit back to watch the sparks fly. You have to ignore them or just not go to those discussions. It's not that difficult.

Lenette Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:20am
post #8 of 43

I do find that certain members really have little to contribute other than rude/nasty comments so I purposely over look them or stay out of that thread all together.

It's one thing to disagree but there are some on here who are just nasty ALL the time. I have yet to read a post from them that is positive. It's just sad really. They don't have anything else to do but stir the pot here.

tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:31am
post #9 of 43

what

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:36am
post #10 of 43

Yep, they took it literally. Ya can't fix stupid! Love ya Bella! Our PM's are some of my faves! Hee hee.....

KitchenKat Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:45am
post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Rylan-truce. icon_lol.gif I sent you a PM.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:46am
post #12 of 43

I don't take you seriously anymore,
Thumper

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:49am
post #13 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Thumper

icon_confused.gif Why not? She's a kick arse decorator and her hubby makes a pearl border like nobody's business!!

Bella, I'm with ya babe, I couldn't care less what happens with my account at this point! icon_lol.gifparty.gif

tatorchip Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:53am
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Thumper

icon_confused.gif Why not? She's a kick arse decorator and her hubby makes a pearl border like nobody's business!!

Bella, I'm with ya babe, I couldn't care less what happens with my account at this point! icon_lol.gifparty.gif

I wasn't talking about her talent nor her dh I was talking about her comments

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 5:58am
post #15 of 43

Tator, I knew that. I did.

FromScratch Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:35am
post #16 of 43

I took a vacation from here for the same reason... too much crap to filter through. Intended to just leave altogether, but people were PM'ing me and I got sucked back in. We'll see for how long. Hope you'll be back when the dust settles.

SJ169 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:46am
post #17 of 43

Bella, im sad to see you go..i hope you will be back soon.

There are so many good people are here and so many people that are just soo willing to help and be friendly..

I think maybe some people just have yet to learn the two golden rules
1. treat people the way you want to be treated
2. if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Have a great vacation icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

kathyx1 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:55am
post #18 of 43

I thought it was just me but I have noticed there are a few dominant CCers who are very quick to jump on anyone who doesn't agree with their view. It makes you think twice, reread three times and then very nervously hit send. Even this post I'm writing makes me a little edgy about voicing an opinion.
I'll apologise now if anybody is taking this the wrong way. I mean no harm. I love reading the forums.
Live and let live.

JGMB Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:35am
post #19 of 43

Wow!!!! I was feeling sorry for myself all last week because I was busy running my church's rummage sale and didn't have time to spend on CC.

I guess it turns out that I was the lucky one -- apparently, there was a lot of nastiness that I didn't have to witness. And, even better, we raised $4500 to help women and children in need.

Now, let's all play nice!!

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:27am
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Wow!!!! I was feeling sorry for myself all last week because I was busy running my church's rummage sale and didn't have time to spend on CC.

I guess it turns out that I was the lucky one -- apparently, there was a lot of nastiness that I didn't have to witness. And, even better, we raised $4500 to help women and children in need.

Now, let's all play nice!!

That's awesome!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:35am
post #21 of 43

Here is a thought ....

If people don't like what they read why not just click on another thread or walk away from the pc for a day or two?

Sadly by coming on and saying *bye* because of certain threads seems to have created just as much drama as what that other threads created.
Go figure that icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny when you all think about it - after all we talk all things CAKE.
CAKE people - not how to construct a wire snar, not how to swim the English Channel, not if man landed on the Moon ..........CAKE.

Sheeeeezzzzzz, even i have copped flack because i ONLY do Regalice Cakes - NOT BC with red roses dotted all over the place - does it make me huff and puff - hell no.

I don't do BC with roses dotted over them -
WHY - because thre are 1000476859875397 others out there doing them.
I offer MY STYLE - and guess what - i am happy - and so are my well paying customers.... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

So come on peoples - Nobody go - and lets talk CAKE....and if we cannot agree to disagree - then just push the off button and go have a cuppa - or in my instance a G&T - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tator - stay petal... thumbs_up.gif
Bell - you love it here to much to go - so just stay
Apple - lol lol icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif
JGMB - $4500.00, how truely wonderful - Congratulations - now that is *caking*
Rylan - Bluehue waves hello icon_smile.gif

asanchez Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:41am
post #22 of 43

Don't leave!!! There aleays will be people with chips on their shoulders.

This is a good site!!! Just ignore the nonsense

Mike1394 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:03pm
post #23 of 43

Get your Donkey butt back in here, or do I have to be a big meanie pants. LOLOLOL Sorry LBF I just wanted to use those phrases.

Miike

solascakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:05pm
post #24 of 43

Woow where have I been,I have not been in the forums for a while,I just look at pictures of cakes and dissappear. But why would anybody want to leave I just sign out when I've had enough, afterall people will always have different views.Anyway let's all try to be here peacefully ,its very possible.
LaBellaFlor- seriously u are very talented pls dont go, I always love reading your posts.
Rylan- have you been bad boy again, now pm me your address so I can come smack you at home, lol.

ApplegumKitchen Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:19pm
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Get your Donkey butt back in here, or do I have to be a big meanie pants. LOLOLOL Sorry LBF I just wanted to use those phrases.

Miike

Well this is GOOD NIGHT from the DONKEY'S BUTT !!

I don't want anybody leaving on account that they thought a bit of name calling would upset me ..... I have laughed it off !
Honestly, things like this can only affect you - if YOU let them
LL

-K8memphis Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:34pm
post #26 of 43

Donkey butts of the world--Unite!!! with me

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Other than this last comment ^^^ I'm kinda lost about some of the posts here. I mean sometimes I avoid certain posts but it's as addicting for me as planning another cakery and hatching my next plan/scheme/whatever. Sometimes I stand up and buck the tide.

La Bella, I think the sun will come out tomorrow--hope you're back soon to hee-haw with the rest of us donkey meat. We're just a boiling pot of blather--sometimes we spread warmth sometimes we boil over.

I mean whadayah got to lose?

Lita829 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #27 of 43

LaBellaflor, its a shame that you have to leave for those reasons. I agree that it is not cool to show contempt or be aggressive on this site. For the most part I have had a good experience but I am limited in my knowledge of cake decorating so some forums I haven't visited. I understand that some topics can really get heated. One topic was actually removed by the moderator because it started to take on a nasty tone.

Anyway...I have been in other forum topics with you and you seem like a really nice person. You've given me some great advice. Best wishes to you and your's.

costumeczar Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:23pm
post #28 of 43

I've been called worse things than a donkey's butt, but where can I sign up for that club thumbs_up.gif

BellaFlor--PM me your phone number so I can call you to send you business.

Bluehue Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:27pm
post #29 of 43

Somewhere in our own world - Someone is mourning a loss far more real than what happens on this forum.

that being said - don't you think it is time that all cake nastiness cease and the Adult in all of us come to the forfront.

Because at the end of today all this crap is soooooooooooo incidental.... and is so miniscule with what is going on in the *real world*

I am absolutley gobsmacked that some cakers can actually gain great enjoyment out of baiting & berating.
As for getting personnal - well that just shows no bredding or self respect, let alone respect for others.

PERHAPS ALL SHOULD READ KATES SIGNITURE LINE -
A FEW LINES THAT SAY SO MUCH.
Well said Kate.

Bluehue.

OfficerMorgan Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #30 of 43

ApplegumKitchen-

I really wouldn't worry about it. That was ignorance at its best (well. worst). That person was wrong about everything they said, including the area they live in only having a Walmart. I happen to know people who make ten times what she charged on cakes in her area-she was just playing dumb. As for what she called you-that just further proves her ignorance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%