Tried To Make Ivory Colored Bc, Turned Pink Istead Plz Help!

Decorating By hobbymommy Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 9:01am by Echooo3

hobbymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbymommy Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:54am
post #1 of 3

I made the traditional buttercream icing, but added both vanilla & butter flvg (both were clear). When finished, I put in just under a tbsp of brown icing, BIG MISTAKE! I was expecting a cream or ivory color, but it looks more light pink (or maybe even fleshtone?). I had about 2 c. of white bc put away so I added that, blended w/mixer.....no help. Then I added about 2 1/2 more cups of conf. sugar, hoping that would do the trick....nothing. It's a 'tad' bit lighter, but not as light as I need it to be. Can this (now huge) batch of icing be rescued.....or do I have to whip up a whole new batch? I live too far out to go & buy anything.

Crystal icon_sad.gif

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 3

If you have some white icing color, you could add that and see if it helps. I think you're going to have to redo it though. Next time, use regular brown vanilla and see if that gives it enough of an ivory color, if not, add a dab of brown at a time, if you can't get ivory coloring.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:01am
post #3 of 3

I've use small amounts of cocoa powder to achieve that same color. You are right about brown giving off that pick color. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%