How'd They Do This Cake?

Decorating By eatdessert1st Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm by eatdessert1st

eatdessert1st Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:36am
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a wedding cake for a very dear friend of our family in Jan. This is the cake she wants:
I can't tell how they've set it up... are the tiers separated and lifted away from each other w/ plates/legs and the space filled w/ roses? Or are they stacked directly on top of each other? I don't have a system with the plates and legs; if that's what they used what do ya'll suggest I look into purchasing?
Do you think that's real ribbon w/ inedible pearls? It's hard to tell. Also, can ya'll figure out the graduating sizes of the tiers? Maybe 4" differences?
It's a gorgeous cake design icon_smile.gif

Melanie Mc.
LL

3 replies
michellesArt Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 4

if you don't have a separator set with legs why not treat the entire thing as a large stacked cake and use small dummies to create the space between the layers and roses-you could also make fondant ribbon and royal icing dots or dragees (? those silver balls) if you want it to be edible? it's a stunning cake good luck!

melclark Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

It's a beautiful cake. The sizes appear to be 6", 8", 10", and 12". The cake looks as though it is stacked on cake separators with pillars; I say this because of the plate over hang on the sides. The cake dummies is a great idea, treat each one as a flush stacked cake and dowel them. The ribbon I would guess is fondant decorated with edible pearls, both dusted with white luster or pearl dust.

eatdessert1st Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 4

The dummy cake is a great idea. Would I use 2" smaller size dummy than the tier on top of it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%