Chocolate And Marshmallows

Decorating By ChrisPA Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 1:02am by auntginn

ChrisPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisPA Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter wants to make cupcakes for her halloween party at school next Friday. She wants to coat marshmallows in orange colored chocolate and make them look like pumpkins.

Has anyone done this before and how long di/do they last? Can I do them this weekend and them save them for Friday?

Thanks
Chris

6 replies
sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 7

You can make them anytime and they will remain fine until you need them on Friday. During the holidays i've made them three weeks+ ahead, stored in an airtight container and they still taste fine.
If you are using candy melts or something similar i would recommend adding a tbsp or so of shortening to the melted chocolate first. It will thin out the chocolate making it easier to work with.

chasley101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasley101 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:33am
post #3 of 7

i also recommend putting your marshmallows in the freezer for a few minutes before coating with chocolate. I make 'gourmet marshmallows' and after I fill the marshmallows i put them in the freezer before dipping in chocolate. something to consider! icon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasley101

i also recommend putting your marshmallows in the freezer for a few minutes before coating with chocolate. I make 'gourmet marshmallows' and after I fill the marshmallows i put them in the freezer before dipping in chocolate. something to consider! icon_smile.gif

"fill the marshmallows"? Now you've peeked my curiousity. Pls tell me more. icon_biggrin.gif
I've never heard to put 'em in the freezer before..what's the reasoning for this? To harden them up? Very interesting.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 7

Oh......... Will you be making marshmellow from scratch. They are so yummy. I'm wanting to do something for different for my grandkids this year. Like homemade chocolate covered marshmellow in the shape of pumpkins, cake balls or whatever.

chasley101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasley101 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 7

the most popular is my peanut butter filled marshmallows! yum! I melt peanut butter, butter, and a little bit of cream in a saucepan until real creamy. then i put the PB mix in an injector and inject into the bigger sized marshmallow. then i put them in the freezer to get the peanut butter solid and the marshmallows solid before dipping them into chocolate. My dad and husband can not get enough of these!

Super fun and super yummy.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #7 of 7

Uh.... I'll bet that does taste great. You guys are making me hungry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%