Question About Using Rich's Bettercream

Decorating By krm52200 Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm by jewels710

krm52200 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 7

I finally found a location to buy Rich's bettercream and I am very excited to give it a try. I bought a one quart carton, on the side it says that it can be frozen for 1 year, in the fridge for 90 days but once opened its only good for 7 days. Does this mean I can't open the carton use what I need and then re-freeze the rest?

I want to open it and try a filling recipe before an event I plan to use it for but I don't want to waste the rest of the carton if it can't be re-frozen. Also, its the kind that needs to be whipped, not the pre-whipped version.

Thanks,

Kelly

6 replies
KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 7

I've frozen, thawed and refrozen several times with no problems.

krm52200 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 7

thank you! I was thinking it would be fine but I wanted to make sure.

thanks again.

Peridot Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 7

When I buy the large container of it I open it and put it into small plastic containers and then freeze. When I want to use it I take out however many containers that I feel I need. If I happen to take out to many containers, I put them back in the freezer. Never had any problems.

Uniqueask Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I've frozen, thawed and refrozen several times with no problems.

So do I had mine since may.

krm52200 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 7

thank you all for your super quick responses. I love this site! I just whipped up a small batch with chocolate pudding to fill cupcakes and it was excellent. Even my son, who usually does not like frosting, ate a whole cupcake and asked for another icon_smile.gif I am now a dedicated fan of bettercream, I can't wait to try it with other flavors.

jewels710 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 7

I love using Rich's Bettercreme.
If you whip it too long, it gets nice and stiff and holds its shape rather well.
(see my golf cake photo...its used on the whole cake...even the grass)!

It seems that when I keep it in the freezer it never really freezes hard anyhow, so I open it, pour out what I need while its still "frozen" and put the rest back. I've never thawed and refrozen anything in my life...some "rule" I learned growing up I guess.

I love their choc flavor too..good stuff!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%