How Should I Store This Cake?

Decorating By phoufer Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm by cylstrial

phoufer Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 2

I have been working on a 2 tier cake all morning for pick up tomorrow morning. I just received an email from the customer saying she has to change the day and pick up Sunday instead. It has been frozen once already and I have filled one layer with cookies n cream filling the other with buttercream, both have thin layer of buttercream on them.I was just about to cover it in fondant when I got the message. My question is what is the best way to store the cake for another day without it going stale. I know I can cover in fondant now and it will be ok but since I really have other things I need to do today I wanted to wait until tomorrow to do that. Will putting it in cake boxes wrappped in plastic and put then putting it in the fridge keep it fresh? TIA

1 reply
cylstrial Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 2

I would just leave the thin layer of buttercream on the cakes and then saran wrap them. Press the saran wrap into the edges of the cake. If you have a food safe bag, I would then place the saran wrapped cake into the food safe bag and tie it off.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%