Bridal Show Help.

Decorating By tripleD Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 3:09pm by kakeladi

tripleD Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 3

I was invited to do a bridal show. What does everyone else do? This is my first one. I am open to any suggestions.
Samples yes/no? Real cake or dummys? I am open for help.

2 replies
JenniferMI Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 3

Samples...yes. I usually do sheet cakes, but some do little cups of cake so you are not cutting on site. Just don't let them dry out icon_smile.gif

Dummy cakes really are best, then you can reuse them....bring them up to show your perspective clients.....

You might want to offer some sort of special "show price".... if they book that day.

Have fun!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 3

1st are you legal? If not, the health dept might shut you down and you will be out the money paid icon_sad.gif
There are many posts on this subject and lots and lots of hints & suggestions. Try a search of 'wedding fair'; 'bridal fair'; 'bridal fare'; and other such words.

Yes, do samples. In my state one *MUST* cup (w/lid) any food item to be given to the public. I do this at the shop the night before. Bake sheets, split & fill then cut into 1x1x2 pieces, place in cup then squirt some frosting on. It goes pretty fast once you get used to it. Bigger pieces really aren't necessary. Most people who come to those shows make a day of it by 1st going to bkfst/brunch and are too full to want even a taste of cake icon_sad.gif When the sample is cupped they can take it home to eat later. Put a sticker on it w/your shop name & phone &/or addressicon_smile.gif
If they want more/another taste they are free to come back (usually another flavor or 'for the groom to try'). Do provide forks and napkins.

There are soooooooo many things to consider. Dress nice; take an extra pr of shoes and change mid-way thru the day as most likely you will be on your feet all day. Take a sweater - venues are often cold. Take some snacks - you might not get away from your booth to eat.
Make dummy cakes - make 2 different designs on one cake; on sqs you can make each side a different design. Don't take too many but be sure to make different sizes - some small; one very tall; etc. If you make favors show them; a groom's cake; shower designs; even a b'day cake or two to show off your skills & let people know you are not just a wedding cake shop icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%