Have To Share This...

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 26 Aug 2005 , 4:52am by lastingmoments

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 13

Today my son went into the post office to get the mail for me and came out carring a plastic bag. I'm sitting there trying to figure out what it was...couldn't remember ordering anything from e-bay and no one would send anything in the mail in a plastic bag if I had.

When he gave it to me and I undid the tie, there was a dinosaur pan, unopened bag of disposable bags, one tip and coupler set inside.

I went into the post office to inquire because there was no address or anything...just my name and box # and was told that Sandy the post mistress had left it for me.

When I was told this, I felt so good and actually felt like crying that she did this for me. Everyone in there know me and know that I do cakes.

I would like to do her a cake and need your help coming up with some very special for her.

Don't you just love it when someone does something like this?

12 replies
alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 13

How lovely for her to do that for you!

I haven't really thought it out, and my daughter just woke from her nap so I can't right now, but I would make her a "care package" cake - you know, wrapped in brown "paper," smiles & hearts all around, with a love stamp for postage.

Ali

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 13

I say use the dinosaur pan!! Would show appreciation. If you wanted to do something more personalized, what about a mailbox (I belive someone on here did one as a groom's cake). Could do a BCT of the USPS postal eagle. A big sheet cake that looks like an envelope addressed to her. Umm, give me time, I'll look around (I work in a mailroom) and see if there is anything else I can think of for ya.

That was so sweet of her to do that.!!!!!!!

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 13

Hi Stephanie,

I would love it for sure, if someone would do that for me. How sweet of her! icon_smile.gif

Jen

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 13

what about a dinosaur delivering mail?

Debbi

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 13

Awwww that's so sweet !! I'm with Debbie .. I'd do a cake with the dinosaur pan delivering a letter icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks everyone for those wonderful suggestions.

I'm still flying high !!!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 13

Hi. I was just thinking the same as Debbi! And then of course I read it. Good thing I checked or else I would have repeated the same idea-again! But that idea sounds so cute-Dino delivering a package or letter!!!

stephanie214 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 1:53am
post #9 of 13

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Anyone know where I might find the dinosaur picture?

It's just her, hubby and 1 year old so I guess I need to make a small cake.

How about the oval 2 layer basketweave with roses covering the top?

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 2:01am
post #10 of 13

I have had people do such things for me too. There are still some very considerate people still out there. I would have to do a cake too.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 2:02am
post #11 of 13

IF IT IS THE PAN THAT I AM THINKING OF GO TO WILTON PAN INSTRUCTIONS AND GO TO PARTYSAURUS(SP?). IT WILL SHOW PICTURE AND INSTRUCTIONS. I HOPE THAT IT IS THAT PAN.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 2:13am
post #12 of 13

What a wonderful thing for her to do! gma1956 I agree, there are still some very considerate people out there!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:52am
post #13 of 13

that is sooo nice of her .......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%