Another Stupid Cake Article

Decorating By costumeczar Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 12:50pm by cylstrial

costumeczar Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 12

Here's a good one. Written by someone who obviously has no idea what they're talking about. http://factoidz.com/guide-to-an-inexpensive-wedding-part-2/

11 replies
OfficerMorgan Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 12

"You could always go the do it yourself route and make it yourself."

What kind of crappy advice is this? This would have killed me on my wedding day. What a moron!

Bunsen Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 12

A very informative article, I would never have thought that getting married in a church was an option, never mind the cheap alternative! At least cake makers aren't "ridiculous" unlike those shameless photographers having the nerve to charge for their time, equipment and expertise!

SugarFrosted Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:41am
post #4 of 12

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Quote:
Quote:

Another way to save on the cake is instead of buying a topper or decorating the cake with real or silk flowers you could have the baker make edible flowers out of icing to decorate the cake and/or use as a topper.

Oh yeah, for sure! icon_confused.gif Asking a cake decorator to spend two weeks making gumpaste flowers will really save you money (sarcasm)

I wonder what planet the author is from?

Elise87 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:46am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Quote:
Quote:

Another way to save on the cake is instead of buying a topper or decorating the cake with real or silk flowers you could have the baker make edible flowers out of icing to decorate the cake and/or use as a topper.

Oh yeah, for sure! icon_confused.gif Asking a cake decorator to spend two weeks making gumpaste flowers will really save you money (sarcasm)

Exactly what i was thinking lol

costumeczar Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:47am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Quote:
Quote:

I think it's planet Duuuuuuuhhhhh.

just_for_fun Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:03am
post #7 of 12

Besides the misinformation, the writer makes me dizzy, jumping from one thing to the next and back again: walmart, diy, cupcakes, walmart "you can also.... you can also.."

you can also elope, it's still the cheapest (i think)

indydebi Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 2:16am
post #8 of 12

As a "writer" (per se), this was NOT written by anyone even CLOSE to being a professional writer. Notice how many sentences start with "also"?

Quote:
Quote:

If youre having 100 people or less you really only need two layers or tiers of cake to feed everyone.

2 layers or 2 tiers? Which is it? And what size are those layers/tiers? We sell it by the SERVING, ya nimrod! Do you know ANYTHING about cake?

Quote:
Quote:

Only purchase the amount of cake you need and that will save you money.

(using her best du-UH! voice) "well dere's a good ide-ah!"

Quote:
Quote:

You could also opt for something less traditional, like serving sliced cheesecake

Cheesecake? They are suggesting cheesecake as a CHEAPER alternative?

Quote:
Quote:

it is usually cost effective to get married in a church, where many preachers only ask for a donation or a small fee to marry you.

Long gone are the days when you "slipped the preacher a ten" after the wedding. Churches today have a nice schedule of payments and fees for a wedding service. I know one that charges $2000 to turn on the A/C. HEck when my daugher got married 10 years ago, it cost us close to $1000 for the church!

Quote:
Quote:

Buffets can be cheaper sometimes, but sometimes it actually costs less to have a plated meal.

. I'm so sick of hearing this one! Sometimes the cost of the FOOD is cheaper because you're getting ONE meat, ONE veggie, ONE potatoe with a plated dinner and the buffet has 2 or 3 meats, 2 or 3 veggies, etc. But the LABOR cost for a plated dinner is crazy! I just quoted a bride a buffet and a plated, so she could see the diff. I told her, "I will need 25 servers for a wedding for 250, but I can do a buffet with only 6."

This one is the WORST!

Sugarflowers Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:37am
post #9 of 12

The writer of this article not only was clueless about wedding cakes, but seems to know very little about basic grammar and sentence structure. It seemed like a lot of idiodic rambling to me.

indydebi pegged them all!

Michele

kelleym Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:42am
post #10 of 12

It would be my hope that it's so badly written and amateurish that no bride could take it seriously. It hurts my eyes to read.

OfficerMorgan Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:21am
post #11 of 12

It is very poorly written.

cylstrial Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 12:50pm
post #12 of 12

I noticed the author's terrible writing as well. As usual, these authors give advice when they don't know what there talking about. It's not such a great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%