Ever Worry About Customer Liking The Taste Of The Cake?

Decorating By sweet_teeth Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm by JenWhitlock

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 2

I have a cake due Saturday. I'm usually pretty confident that it will taste great and that it looks good. THe lady ordered WASC w/ raspberry buttercream filling.

I always make wasc but for some reason some of the layers came out a bit dry, when usually they are so moist. I am trying to stop obsessing about that so I moved on instead of rebaking. The big issue came w/ the frosting. I made my typical buttercream minus all of the extra flavorings and used raspberry filling from Henry and Henry and raspberry extract. I just re-tasted it AFTER filling all of the layers, and it tastes really synethetic to me. Ugh.. now i'm having a panic attack that it's not going to fly. The bride won't complain, but I just want her guests to like it too..

icon_sad.gif

Any of you do the same thing? I almost am always confident on my cake design.. but the taste really trips me up sometimes.. icon_sad.gif

1 reply
JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 2

I still do this all the time.
but I try to pretend that "I'm so over it" icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah I had a weird one too.
I've been making cakes pretty regularly for a while now.
and just a couple weeks ago I had a chocolate one have a hole in the middle icon_confused.gif it was cooked all the way through, weird, don't know.
so I was freeking about that one a bit.

on the other hand I get a lot of complements...
"I'm so over it" "I'm so over it" "I'm so over it" icon_lol.gif
maybe if I keep saying it it will be true!

your palette is going to likely be more refined than others, so you might be picking up on something that they won't.
if you are really worried. evaluate the situation and see if there is anything to be done?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%