One Cake For A Boy And A Girl - Help

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 3:15pm by saberger

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have to do a cake for a boy and girl for this saturday, the theme is Mickey and Minnie mouse. a 2 tiered caked, the top cake will be minnie and the bottom will be minnie.

so the top tier will be red with black and white and the bottom tier will be purple white and black. dont you guys think it sounds tacky when it comes to the colors....what should i do, please help. Mind you, she had a $40 dollar budget for the cake and as favor I figured I'll do it for her.

3 replies
saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 4

First off, that is WAY cheap! But in regards to colors it can completely work. You have the common colors of black & white....and red & purple always work well together. I think it could look very cool....after all Mickey & Minnie are always together and look very cute icon_wink.gif

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 4

thanks. I'll try my best to make it look good together. I really wanted about $60 to $65 but she mentioned her budget was $40 so I said fine, she'll be my 2nd paid customer, (very excited). Just hope at the drop off I'll get alot of wow's and future customers lol.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 4

Just make sure that you mention that you are giving her a discount so potential customers don't think that you are so cheap...otherwise they will expect the same price. Just some friendly advice. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%