Please Help!

Decorating By TLau09 Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm by TLau09

TLau09 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone give me any tips on how to make this cake?

7 replies
amysue99 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 8

Oh, she's adorable!

My thoughs: A wondermold for the body, rice krispie treats for arms, legs and feet, styrofoam balls for head and ponytails, probably gumpaste for the wings (don't want them to be too heavy). The present could be cake or a square cake dummy, if you don't need the servings. Lots of fondant and tons of patience!

After looking at it more, the original decorator might have used a 2-tiered cake for the body and rounded out the top edges. I think a wondermold would work better, maybe put it on top of a 9" round if you need more height.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 8

Wow!!! There are so many elements in the cake that it is hard to know where to start. I am no expert but I will take a stab at it.

For the hair I would use some rkt or styrofoam as the puffs and then use a sugarcraft gun with the grass disc to cover it with the hair. Of course you would want to use supports in it to keep it from falling over.

For the legs and arms you could either use rkt or fondant but the fondant would be heavy and mold it.

For the wings maybe you could make them out of gelatin. Look for the sticky on how to make gelatin bows to give you additional information.

Alot of this would have to do with how many serving you want.

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 8

It seriously looks like a 10/6 or 9/5 combination for the body and suggested(rkt) for the head, arms and legs

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 8
TLau09 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 8

One more question ... how much would yall charge for this cake? Once I quoted $190 for 70 servings for this cake I never heard back. I mean there's A LOT OF DETAIL in this cake!! Did I price too high?! I mean that's under $2.75 a serving!

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 8

No. You did NOT price it too high!

TLau09 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much! That makes me feel better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%