Busy Day Today, Busy Days Ahead!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 2:48am by tatorchip

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 4

Today I:

Had brunch at Cracker Barrell

Dropped off 4 yard-bags full of clothes to Good Will

Went to 2 hardware stores (for stuff DH needed)

Went to grocery store

Made tapenade, hummus, and roasted veggie dip

Baked a 9x13 butter vanilla cake which is cooling right now (I still need to torte & fill with BC and then cut into petit fours and coat and decorate--have to make the fondant coating, too)

Both the dip trio and petit fours are for a funeral reception at church, have to drop those off in the morning

Made RKT and made 3 ball shapes out of part of it, rest is in pan w/ fall sprinkles, need to coat the ball shapes, cover in fondant and decorate to look like a baseball, soccer ball, and basketball for nephew's 12th bd cake
which is the tiramisu I am working on...just finished making the zabaglioni (by hand because the beaters to my hand mixer are in the dish washer)
At least I was able to p/u lady fingers at the store, so I don't have to make those too!

Tomorrow will be another busy day. After I drop the stuff for the funeral reception off at the church, DH and I are driving up to Atlanta, going to the DeKalb Farmer's Market and Harry's for our annual run and so I can get the ingredients for my fruit cakes.

Then we're treating ourselves to Indian food for dinner. Yum!
Friday it's off on the 8 hour trek to my parents' house, Saturday is our annual Oktoberfest and my nephew's birthday, Sunday drive the 8 hours back home.

Next week need to make double batches of 3 kinds of bar cookies and have at church by 10 to be packed up for care packages to college students, also have a 3-tier halloween cake halloween decorated sugar cookies for next Wednesday.

Makes me exhausted just thinking about it! And I've got cleaning, laundry, packing, and a pair of pants to hem, too before we leave Friday!

How's everyone else doing?

3 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 4

not busy, need any help lol I could deliver for you lol

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:42am
post #3 of 4

LOL.

Okay, kitchen clean and I'm done for the night. FIlled cake for peitit fours is in fridge, will cook coating, cut cake and coat and deco in morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well.

Will fit in the sports balls deco at some time...marscarpone custard is made, I can make the whipped cream and assemble the tiramisu in like 20 minutes Friday morning.

Probably will be hemming pants in the car tomorrow or Friday. icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:48am
post #4 of 4

get some rest lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%