Baby Shower Gues Favors

Decorating By deetmar Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 3:51pm by all4cake

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter-in-law is expecting our first garndbaby, ("I'ts a GIRL"), and I need ideas for guest favors. I am already making the cake, and cookies, and now they want me to make something as guest favors. Any ideas?

The cake is pretty simple, a square with a onesie, and she wanted onesie and bottle cookies. We do have a name, so I was thinking of a cookie with her name on it. Right now I am having a hard time coming up with anything.

Thanks for helping.

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 7

you want something edible?

i just went to a baby shower recently and they had napkins folding up like a baby's diaper with safety pins holding it together and it was filled with chocolates! Very cute.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe you could make cake pops using the colors of the shower and a monogram of the first letter of the baby's name?

DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 7

You have a plate of cookies, but then (and this entirely depends on how many people are coming and how much time you want to spend on it) you could have an individual cookie with each person's name on it in a cute bag with cute matching ribbon! Or you could do a monogram cookie with the baby's initials (I say initials because in Greek tradition, it's bad luck to put the baby's name on things before it is born) or you do the whole name, whatever you and the mommy-to-be would like! : ) Michael's has a ton of adorable pink ribbon that you could use! Or the cake ball idea would be cute OR you could do chocolate covered strawberries with the first letter of the baby's name on each of them! Good luck to you!

jennabell441 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennabell441 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 7

I'm throwing my SIL's baby shower saturday. The theme is owls so I made chocolate owl suckers for party favors. Just an idea.
Jen

mom2abc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2abc Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 7

They also have the candy molds in shapes for baby shower themes. You could make some in the colors of the party. They have molds for safety pins, strollers, teddy bears, bottles and I'm sure there are more. You could put them with the napkin idea from KHalstead and you could do them in advance. It looks like you are going to be busy with the cake and cookies and not to mention being excited about getting that new granddaughter! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:51pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%