Need Suggestions For Contacting Venues?

Business By tmcakes Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 4:42pm by HarleyDee

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if any one network with venues in their area? If so how did you approach them regarding your cakes? And what should I know before doing this?

I am thinking about visiting the very few reception halls and party centers in the area and asking if they would recommend me to their clients for cake orders or use my cakes as part of their total package. I was thinking of going in person with a small sample cake to taste, pictures of some cakes, and show them that I am currently licensed to do business in the state, currently insured and that I will be renting a kitchen to bake from. This was all I could think of does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 3

I think it sounds like a great plan..........I would call ahead and schedule a "meeting" with them though, instead of just "showing up" that way they will give you their undivided attention (mention on the phone that you'd like to bring some cake for them to sample as well), this will make them more eager to arrange the "meeting". Also, be sure and tell them that you'd like to refer them to brides as well (kind of a , you stroke my back, I'll stroke yours). Bring lots of business cards to leave with them and might be a good idea to have brochures with photos of your cakes that they can leave with brides too.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 3

Network as much as you can. If you have bridal shows in your area, that's another good way to do it. I would do like KHalstead said and calla head, and then let them know you're bringing a sample. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%