Off Topic.....

Lounge By lilscakes Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 4:18am by Bijoudelanuit

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 38

Fellow cakers....I've always enjoyed CC and now am reaching out to you all for your prayers. Was diagnosed yesterday (99% sure) with breast cancer. I'm 48 years old in otherwise perfect health. I am getting this overwhelming feeling that it's not just breast cancer, but spread to lungs etc....as I have been experiencing difficulty breathing for a couple of weeks. Dismissed it all until now, but yesterday's news put things into perspective for me. I have an MRI and biopsy scheduled for Monday (26th)...so these next few days will feel like an eternity. I want to reach inside me and tear this thing out of me. DH is not taking this well at all. Big meltdown last night, so we have some very challenging times ahead of us. I am reaching out to everyone I know and ask that you please keep us in your prayers. Thank-you all and God bless!

37 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 38

You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep up updated.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 38

Sending prayers your way. And NEVER say anything negative outloud. Give voice to only positive thoughts.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 38

will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 38

My prayers are with you.
Please make sure they do a very thorough MRI that includes your lungs.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 38

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((HUGS)))

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 38

You and your family will be in my prayers. God bless you all.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 38

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God be with you.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 38

You are in my prayers, God bless you.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 6:20pm
post #10 of 38

I am so sorry for you and I hope you can fill these days of waiting with something positive. The mental worries are very hard, but don't let your thoughts fear the worst.
Two days ago, I had an ultra sound done on my left breast because I have experienced pain for a while. (I am still breast feeding my toddler so a mammogram would not show anything). Fortunately everything was ok. (and I am only 2icon_cool.gif but I have been close to tears in the days where I was waiting for my appointment.
If I was in your position I would read the stories of the many survivors of breast cancer (or any cancer) and get strength from them.
Wishing you all the best!
Sofia

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 38

I will be praying for you and your family.

Remember, when men get scared a lot of the time it comes out sounding like anger, especially when they're scared about something that they can't do anything about except wait and pray, so try not to take anything your husband says in anger right now really seriously.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 6:38pm
post #12 of 38

I'll be praying for you!

I sent you a pm...

Adevag Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 38

I don't know how that figure came when I was typing. It was supposed to be an 8. I'm 28...

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #14 of 38

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adevag

I don't know how that figure came when I was typing. It was supposed to be an 8. I'm 28...

It does that when you type an 8 and ) next to each other, because that's the shortcut for one of the emoticons...the one with sunglasses icon_cool.gif I've seen it enough times that my brain automatically read your age as 28 icon_biggrin.gif LOL the sign of a cake central addict

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #16 of 38

So sorry to hear about this, Lilscakes. I will be sending every good, positive, healing thought your way.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #17 of 38

So sorry you are going through this....I will definitely keep you in my prayers and please try and think positive thoughts.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #18 of 38

Will be keeping you and your family in our prayers...

But know this Lil,

If you in your mind believe the fight is over before it's begun...then it is!

Stay positive no matter what news you receive, this is a mind over matter situation and a beatable disease.

BIG HUGS!!!!! YOU WILL BEAT THIS!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:00am
post #19 of 38

i will keep you in my prayers...HUGS

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:10am
post #20 of 38

I'll be thinking of you

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:16am
post #21 of 38

You and your family are in my prayers. Stay positive and Strong.

cheesecakekathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakekathy Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 11:30pm
post #22 of 38

You are in my prayers. And always remember no matter what don't give up. Fight the good fight. thumbs_up.gif

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #23 of 38

Thank-you all so much for the positive thoughts and prayers. What a great site this is made up of such wonderful people. I am taking your advice and only speaking positive thoughts. The negative are a bit more difficult to shake from my mind, but I'm working on it....so far so good. 2 days down and 3 more to go to Monday. It's God's way of teaching me patience I swear! Thank-you all for your thoughts and prayers....it does mean the world to me right now and I do draw much strength from it all. God Bless!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:14am
post #24 of 38

Lil My thoughts and prayers are with you! What an amazing age we live in to have such diagnostic tools and knowledge and cutting edge treatment. Imagine living years ago and not having the advantages of today.
I have had three friends on the last two years with various types of cancer in various stages. They are all three in remission!
My closest friend had lymphoma and it had spread. But after treatment and changing her eating habits to a much healthier style she is 100% in remission. It's amazing!
Cry if you gotta- tears shed poison as does sweating so it's not all bad. But keep your chin up girlfriend for someone higher up has it all under control. And look into Limu Pro and other nutritional antioxidant rich foods and supplements. Fresh fruits and veggies. Stay away from soy as it messes with the hormones and can cause more issues with your treatment.
Knowledge is power and no better time then the present to learn a few things that will benefit you! ((((HUGS)))) thumbs_up.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:05am
post #25 of 38

Oh, good luck to you. I am so sorry you have to wait until Monday. icon_sad.gif I hope it turns out well.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 8:12am
post #26 of 38

Praying for you.

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 1:10pm
post #27 of 38

my husband had lung cancer and is in remission.
fear and panic is a natural reaction.
i know from experience that positive thinking is the answer.
you and your family are in my thoughts.
sending you a big hug..........

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 1:54pm
post #28 of 38

lilscakes -

Just wanted to stop by to see how you're doing. It looks like you haven't been on here for a bit, so I just wanted to check on you! I hope you're doing well and continuing to be as positive as possible - but don't forget that you need to let out all of your emotions!!!! Scream, shout, cry, laugh - whatever you need to do. It will help heal you!

Just wanted you to know I'm still thinking about you - as are many others on CC!

Take care!

Adevag Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:46pm
post #29 of 38

Yes, I have been thinking of you too. I hope you are ok and that their results were not as bad as you feared.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #30 of 38

OH I am so glad this topic came back up. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%