Vent Info For Garland Oven

Business By steph_78 Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 9:13pm by steph_78

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:02am
post #1 of 5

I checked with our local fire department and they said I do not need a hood over the oven because I am not cooking with grease basically. I do know and have been told though I need a net because the oven is gas. I do not have a manual for my oven as I bought it used. Would anyone happen to know the venting information for an older Garland oven, assuming they would all be the same.

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 6:04am
post #2 of 5

...Unless the fire dept. is the licensing agency for your business you need to contact whatever agency issues your license and inspects your facility and ask them what equipment you need.

Otherwise, all you're getting is another person's best opinion not the legal requirements necessary to run a licensed/inspected business. icon_smile.gif

As far as getting info on your range... Why not contact Garland and ask them if they have an old manual or can furnish that info.

Or try what I just found online:
Garland Ovens Troubleshooting, Manuals & Repair

http://www.fixya.com/support/garland/ovens

HTH

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 5

Not sure about other states or individual counties/city ordinances in TX, but for those counties in Tx that the State HD is the governing body for food est. A vent a hood and fire suppressant requirement issues are dealt with by the local fire marshall and not the HD. When we opened our restaurant the HD came in and said nothing about our ventahood, nor the fire suppressant requirement. He told us the local fire marshall was the permit issuing entity for our ventahood/fire suppression systems and would also establish our occupancy load. We were there for 9 months and the firemarshall never came in to check, he ate at our establishment often because we were just a mile down the road from them but, he never once checked to see if we were in compliance, eventhough we were.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

When we opened our restaurant the HD came in and said nothing about our ventahood, nor the fire suppressant requirement. He told us the local fire marshall was the permit issuing entity for our ventahood/fire suppression systems and would also establish our occupancy load.

Exactly, the HD told you the Fire Dept. Marshall was the permit issuing entity.

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5

Well, thanks for the replies. So far, I have talked to the fire department, the gas company, heating and cooling companies, and the heating and cooling parts stores. NOBODY seems to know anything. This is getting ridiculous to find someone who can give me a legal way to install a venting system. I cannot run anything up because there is a tenant living upstairs. I have to be able to run out the side wall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%