Don't You Hate Forgetting Things?

Business By costumeczar Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 9:23pm by playingwithsugar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:19am
post #1 of 24

I was writing an article for a local wedding guide magazine, and I had a brilliant idea for a blog entry. Of course, now I've forgotten it! icon_mad.gif Even re-reading the article hasn't reminded me of what it was.

This is why I need to travel with a notepad at all times. I also do the same thing with brilliant cake designs...

23 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 24

OMW! Yes!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #3 of 24

I have a magnetic white board on my fridge where I write stuff when I think of it. Otherwise, it vanishes into the ozone (what's left of it). I didn't do that the other day and it took me ALL day to remember again to call the lawn care people to blow out my sprinklers.

When I'm in the car, I often call the house and leave myself a message on the answering machine. If my DH picks up, I have him write it on the white board!

Menopause kinda' sucks like that...

costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #4 of 24

I'm not even menopausal yet! Is it going to get worse? icon_surprised.gif I'd better buy stock in whiteboards now, because I'll be using a ton of them if that's the case!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Menopause kinda' sucks like that...

LOL.....I'm getting to the age where I can start blaming everything on that now too! icon_lol.gif

How long do you think we can use that excuse?

costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:54am
post #6 of 24

Ahha, I remembered it! Toxic flowers and why sugar is better! Going to go write something now...

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #7 of 24

LOL....as long as the hot flashes last, i am using this as an excuse for memory loss.
hammer

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:58am
post #8 of 24

The white boards are great...as long as you remember to look at them after you've written something on them!!! I write lists, then foget to look at them! LOL

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:18am
post #9 of 24

I am way to young to blame menopause, but I must write down anything I want to remember (I also call home ahnd leave messages for myself). I have a notebook that we have lovingly named "Paper Brains", when it's almost finished, I get a new one. I have lists, and more lists, today's list, shopping list, list of ppl I have to call (and why!) what I should do on a rainy day list, what I have in storage for the kids for next season lists, I could go on and on. I once lost my notebook, and I went back in the pouring rain to look for it. It had my name & number in the front, the guy who found it didn't understand why I was so excited to get it back!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:19am
post #10 of 24

I'm not sure that age has anything to do with it. I remember I was in my 30's and went to a seminar on how to get more organized. We all had to stand, intro ourselves and tell why we were there. I said, "Well, I write things down but I keep losing my notepad!" icon_lol.gif

They actually had a good suggestion. Put my notepad on a clipboard. It's hard to lose a clipboard. (but yeah, I proved THAT one wrong, TOO! icon_lol.gif )

This is why I love living 3 minutes from the shop. I make at least 2 trips back home or to the shop for stuff I forgot. Just last night, I had to send my daughter back to the shop because I forgot to turn my desktop coffee pot off!

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #11 of 24

You could also use a small tape recorder to carry around with you, which would be handy if a thought came to you while driving or doing something else. I am not sure what type of cell phone you have, but mine has an option where you can record a memo. That may be another option if it is on your cell phone. My cell phone has an option to write down memos. That's what I use most of the time because I am so forgetful!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:03am
post #12 of 24

I can't put my notepad onto a clipboard, cause then I can't take it along with me everywhere I go, so I know where I'm supposed to be going, and so I can write things down as I think of them.

I know that my "problem" started when I got pregnant with my first daughter, and it never really got better, even when I was sleeping through the night. They call it "mommy brain". icon_wink.gif

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

LOL....as long as the hot flashes last, i am using this as an excuse for memory loss.
hammer

Ok...sorry for hijacking the thread....my DR put me on birth control for menopause. I am almost 46.... NO MORE HOT FLASHES!! Whoo whoo!!

lol it didn't help my memory!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:55am
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

I know that my "problem" started when I got pregnant with my first daughter, and it never really got better, even when I was sleeping through the night. They call it "mommy brain". icon_wink.gif

I did read somewhere that part of the brain exits with the placenta and that we never truly recover it!!! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:45am
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

hammer

Oh, yeah! I'm going to milk it for all it's worth until nobody believes me any more.

Seriously, I think that regardless of age, most women are so busy and responsible for so much that it's hard to keep it all in our heads. I made lists even when I was in college. And then when I had kids it was even worse.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:40pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

I did read somewhere that part of the brain exits with the placenta and that we never truly recover it!!! icon_lol.gif

OMG! I have mommy brain too! Honestly before I had my son I was the most organized person on the planet. It would drive me nuts to have someone move something and not put it back in it's place. Still does to a point but now it's me moving it icon_redface.gif It's gotten sooooo bad that I've actually been in tears because I think I'm losing my mind sometimes.

I carry a notebook in my purse it has the different colors on he edges of the paper so I know where to write stuff, blue section is for cake related things, red is for house stuff, yellow is for random stuff that I don't know where else to write. I never leave the house without it.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:16pm
post #17 of 24

Now look two pages of forgetting. Don't ever B**** when hubby says he has to go BACK to H Depot cause he forgot something icon_biggrin.gif LOLOL

Mike

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:47pm
post #18 of 24

OMG!!! Last Fri I defiantly had two of my forgetful moments one being funny as H*** ... The first one happened at about 3:00 am when I completed cake order 1. I had completed the entire cake (all the while saying something just is not right) I sat the cake on the table getting ready to box it when it hit me like a ton of bricks "I forgot to add the shortening to my icing icon_cry.gif
Fast forward a bit to the delivery of cake order 2, well because I ended up having to take the kids with me on the delivery over 50 miles away I decided after dropping off the cake I would stop at McDonalds to get the kids something to eat. Normally I forget things when I'm on a cell phone or doing 3 things at one time. Well this time I was not on the phone I was not fussing with the kids or anything like that everything was calm! Well a little too calm, I pull up to the menu board look at it for a few seconds and pull around to the first window. Next thing I hear is my son in the back seat screaming "MOM!! YOU FORGOT TO PLACE THE ORDER"
One more episode like this and I visiting with my Dr. to make sure I'm just not loosing my mind!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:59pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm not sure that age has anything to do with it. I remember I was in my 30's and went to a seminar on how to get more organized. We all had to stand, intro ourselves and tell why we were there. I said, "Well, I write things down but I keep losing my notepad!" icon_lol.gif

They actually had a good suggestion. Put my notepad on a clipboard. It's hard to lose a clipboard. (but yeah, I proved THAT one wrong, TOO! icon_lol.gif )

I always figured this was the reason some men had chains on their wallets LOL!!! Couldn't be a fashion thing right? Maybe you could tether your notepad to your person! lol

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 6:15pm
post #20 of 24

KH, I actually had one of those ink pens that you clip to your lapel or jacket pocket and the pen was on a retractible wire. I LOVED that pin/pen, even tho' all the "kids" I worked with teased me about looking like an old ENglish teacher! Always had a pen handy!

Uh .... until I took it off of my jakcet, laid it down and forgot where I put it! icon_redface.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 7:25pm
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Now look two pages of forgetting. Don't ever B**** when hubby says he has to go BACK to H Depot cause he forgot something icon_biggrin.gif LOLOL

Mike

Sadly, I think my DH is going through "male menopause". He's as forgetful as I am. This is my theory about why you need a husband when you get old. Usually with us, when I can't remember someone's name or the name of a place or where I put something, he remembers for me, and vice versa. Between us we generally have one complete memory bank!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:45pm
post #22 of 24

Did you ever go upstairs to get something and when you got up there you forgot what it was you were supposed to get?

That's been happening a LOT to me lately.....it's scary!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:55pm
post #23 of 24

dkelly.......all the time!!! Should put one of those wipe off boards at the bottom of the steps......gets tiring running up and down for who knows what! lol

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:23pm
post #24 of 24

Indy and I were just posting about this earlier! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%