Need Ideas Please

Decorating By Lenette Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 4:16am by Jopalis

Lenette Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 7

I got a request for a really cool party and I want to do something interesting and unique and fun

The party is for a lady who is giving her kidney to her DH. Her friends are calling it a going away party. They don't want anything gross, no kidney cake or anything like that.

My first thought was a suitcase with a cool/funny saying on the tag. Does anyone have ideas on this? Thank you! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
didavista Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 7

How about a present cake, since she is giving the gift of her kidney, and it still can have a tag for you to write something witty on......just a though icon_rolleyes.gif

prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 7

Oh my! a kidney cake sounds like something you'd see on Cake Wrecks! icon_lol.gif

I think the idea of a suitcase or a present cake are great.

dstbni Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 7

Maybe the present could be kidney-shaped (meaning the bean, not the organ) That way it kind of hints at the procedure without being gross.

Jopalis Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 7

suitcase seems like a going away cake.

How about some kind of a nice get well cake with smiling figures of a man and woman holding hands .... maybe in hospital gowns. Could make it funny with a little bit of behind peaking out the back of hospital gown(s)...Only if that would work for the particular group it's for....

CBMom Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:31am
post #6 of 7

On the tag:

To My Dear Husband,
First you stole my Heart,
Now my Kidney!!

For My Beautiful Wife,
I Love You,
Inside and out!

For My Darling Wife,
Now I suppose I'll have to get you that Ring!

Do they have children?
You could write something like:

My Darling Wife,
And you thought that the Kids were the Best Gift you ever gave Me!

Thank you, My Love
You always just know Just what to Give Me!

I could go on all night! icon_biggrin.gif

What a great party! Have fun!

Jopalis Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:16am
post #7 of 7

Those are such cute sayings.... Pair it with my idea. Couple in hospital gowns maybe walking hand in hand and a wee bit of hiney (sp?)....LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%