What Was I Thinking!

Lounge By idgalpal Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 8:40pm by Texas_Rose

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 2

I live in Boise, Idaho and just made a trip to SF bay area for a wedding. I have to buy most of my cake stuff online, which is just fine, but I thought since I was going to the 'big city'-lol, I'd check it out and see if I could find a place close that I could actually buy stuff off the shelf. Well, I found Spun Sugar in Berkeley, I went a little nutzo buying some americolors, tylose powder and various other things. I was thrilled to get a 5 lb bucket of Satin Ice black fondant. I was totally NOT thinking about getting all this stuff home. So I put the 5 lb bucket of fondant in my carry-on (anybody see anything wrong here?!). Oh boy, I got to Security at the airport and it was pretty clear to them that I was trying to smuggle 5 lbs of plastic explosives onto the plane!! Ahh! Luckily they realized I was just a ditzy cake person (probably by the bag full of various size cake drums I was also carrying on) I was albe to go back and check the fondant through. My kids will never let me live this one down. So, fellow CCers, just in case you were wondering: fondant cannot be carried on a plane icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 2

icon_biggrin.gif You're not the only person that's ever happened to icon_biggrin.gif

At least yours was in a bucket. I read about someone who had some homemade fondant wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a ziplock, in their carry-on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%