Cupcake Nail

Baking By lilie Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 3:22am by denetteb

lilie Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 5

I made up a cupcake nail to make decorating cupcakes easier for me. I thought I'd share my idea with all of you and maybe you could use this simple tool as well.

flower nail
cupcake container, cut about 1/2 inch up from bottom
non-skid pad cut to fit container
*you can use a little tub from a caramel dipping container, just cut it down to size.

poke a hole in the center of the cupcake container then slide the flower nail through the hole, add non-skid pad. That's it!

See pictures.

It sure does save my wrist from all that twisting. The sides keep the cupcake from falling off. Hope this works for you.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 5

That's a neat idea.

Wilton makes a cupcake nail but it always seemed like it would take longer than doing it the old school way icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

awesome, I recently saw that wilton was selling something like this for this very purpose....but I love the idea of using stuff you already have!

Thanks so much!

zubia Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 5

Neat idea . I just bought wilton one yesterday.Had a coupon and it was the only thing I donot alreay have icon_sad.gif

denetteb Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

Cool. I had seen this item, thought it was a good idea but was too cheap to buy one since it seemed easy to make somehow. I hadn't taken time to figure it out by myself. Thanks for figuring it out for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%