Cupcake Nail

Baking By lilie Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 3:22am by denetteb

lilie Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 5

I made up a cupcake nail to make decorating cupcakes easier for me. I thought I'd share my idea with all of you and maybe you could use this simple tool as well.

supplies:
flower nail
cupcake container, cut about 1/2 inch up from bottom
non-skid pad cut to fit container
*you can use a little tub from a caramel dipping container, just cut it down to size.

poke a hole in the center of the cupcake container then slide the flower nail through the hole, add non-skid pad. That's it!

See pictures.

It sure does save my wrist from all that twisting. The sides keep the cupcake from falling off. Hope this works for you.
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 5

That's a neat idea.

Wilton makes a cupcake nail but it always seemed like it would take longer than doing it the old school way icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

awesome, I recently saw that wilton was selling something like this for this very purpose....but I love the idea of using stuff you already have!

Thanks so much!

zubia Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 5

Neat idea . I just bought wilton one yesterday.Had a coupon and it was the only thing I donot alreay have icon_sad.gif

denetteb Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

Cool. I had seen this item, thought it was a good idea but was too cheap to buy one since it seemed easy to make somehow. I hadn't taken time to figure it out by myself. Thanks for figuring it out for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%