Decorating By Marcelita Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 5:02am by madgeowens

Marcelita Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 8

How do I achieve this?

Thanks to all

7 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 8

Can you be more specific please? Marble effect on what? Fondant, Buttercream?

Rylan Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 8

For fondant, it's a matter of how much veins you want. The basic way to do it is rolling out sausages of fondant and then putting it right next to each other. Once that is done, just roll it out.

Marcelita Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 8

I am so sorry about not specifying!

I want to get the marble effect on a cake.

Thanks again

Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 8

Do you mean marbled cake batter? The way you do that is to start with two different colors or flavors. Then put one flavor in the cake pan and drop spoonfuls of the other flavor all over it. Swirl with a knife and then bake icon_biggrin.gif

diane706 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:36am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

For fondant, it's a matter of how much veins you want. The basic way to do it is rolling out sausages of fondant and then putting it right next to each other. Once that is done, just roll it out.

Twist the "sausages" Rylan mentioned together first before rolling out for a marbled effect. You will have to experiment with how much to combine them according to the look you are trying to achieve. thumbs_up.gif

diane706 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:41am
post #7 of 8

oops, just realized that maybe Texas_Rose answered your question (marbeling cake batter as opposed to fondant marbeling) icon_redface.gif

madgeowens Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:02am
post #8 of 8

and if you mean fondant, then just knead two or more colors together, and stop kneading before its a solid color icon_smile.gif or looks swirled thru hehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%