Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get This Type Of Cake Pan?

Decorating By beady2232 Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 3:26pm by beady2232

beady2232 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beady2232 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a full body 3d cake pan of elmo. I have attached a picture of a cake that I am wanting to make. Wondered if anyone knows where I can get one, or if anyone has easy directions on how to make an elmo cake like this and are willing to share that would be great too!

Thanks!
LL

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 8

There is no specific pan made that makes a 3D Elmo..You will have to carve it yourself.I know most use rice krispies for the head or a styrofaom ball as cake would be too heavy.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 8

Is there a 3D Elmo? It looks to me like a 3D bear body with a big head made from another pan.

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttehan4

Is there a 3D Elmo? It looks to me like a 3D bear body with a big head made from another pan.

I was actually thinking the same thing. 3D bear body and head of RKT or styrofoam.

Roxie_k Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxie_k Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 8

I made that cake for my daughter's second birthday. This is the tutorial for it. Jonny was very helpful and responded quickly when I had questions icon_smile.gif There are 4 parts to the it Enjoy!

http://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2009/01/how-i-made-an-elmo-cake-part-1/

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie_k

I made that cake for my daughter's second birthday. This is the tutorial for it. Jonny was very helpful and responded quickly when I had questions icon_smile.gif There are 4 parts to the it Enjoy!

http://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2009/01/how-i-made-an-elmo-cake-part-1/

Well, you just never know who you're going to meet here on Cake Central! Thank you so much for sharing your link with us. I think it's a great cake, and I hope that some day, someone asks me to make one for them, so I can use it. In the meantime, I can take your instructions and apply them to another project, right?

Thanks again!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 8

WOW! Jonny does amazing work! Thx for posting this Roxie_K

beady2232 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beady2232 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions.
Roxie_k: I do have those instructions and after doing some research I did not realize I could use my glass pyrex bowls in the over, so I think it will be much easier now that I will have the shape of the round bowl. For the head, I decided rice crispy. Should be easy enough.

Thanks again for all the suggestions! Hopefully the cake turns out great icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%