Fondarific Flavored Fondant Questions

Decorating By SweetStreet Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 2:20am by Sweet_Guys

SweetStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStreet Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone!

I just recently found flavored fondant and before I bought some, I was wondering if anyone has used it? I didn't know if it would be worth my time or not. Does the flavors taste good, or do they have an artificial flavor? Are they dyed the color on the label? The ad I saw for them said it was unlike any other fondant you've ever used...is it easy to work with?

Thank you for reading and helping me with this! I didn't want to spend the money just to waste my time! Looking forward to hearing from you!

7 replies
chrstmaskd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrstmaskd Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 8

I have only used the Berry (sky blue) for making some blue birds but the flavor was awesome. To me it tastes like a berry flavored starburst candy. I have not covered a cake with it as of yet but a friend of mine said that it was not difficult at all and in fact that you use less of it than regular fondant. It is a little on the expensive side, however to be able to eat it rather than peeling it off as just a decoration you should be able to justify your cost a little more. I would give it a try on a small cake and see how it goes.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 8

I've used the chocolate cherry -- it tastes like a cherry tootsie roll. That stuff is very good!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 8

I have used strawberry and lemon in addition their buttercream flavor. Starburst candies are a good description of the fruit flavors. The product is very easy to work with.

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8

I've tried the purple (grape) and the red (cherry). The taste is pretty good. It tastes like a flavored tootsie roll. My only complaint is that depending on the color you need you are stuck with that flavor (or vice versa). Does that make sense?

I also thought it was a little difficult to use. It was much softer than I'm used to (I usually use Satin Ice) I worried alot about it stretching. Luckily I was only doing my DS's 4th birthday cake, so it was all an experiment.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 8

I had problems with the softness also - it stretched a lot.

SweetStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStreet Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate it! Your responses helped a ton!!

Jade

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:20am
post #8 of 8

We LOVE Fondarific!!! We met Laura and Lois at ICES 2008 in Orlando and saw them in Chicago this summer. They are so genuine and willing to take suggestions and get back to you quickly with questions.

As far as flavors, we would recommend covering cupcakes, making side decorations, or making centers for filled chocolates out of the fruit flavors. Although, we read recently that someone used the melon to cover an entire cake. Save the buttercream, vanilla, or chocolate for cake coverings.

We have converted some "I hate fondant" after they try the Fondarific fondant.

Finally, it stretches more than others because it's formulated to work in all kinds of climates, but especially high humidity areas. It makes it easy to heal edges together if there's any tearing while right on the cake.

Enjoy!

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%