Rewards Points

Decorating By kathyx1 Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 12:57pm by KHalstead

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:30am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a Rewards Club or a 'frequent flyers' type bonus? I'm thinking of rewarding returning customers with some sort of bonus or discount reward. My business is relatively new and I'm starting to get a few regulars now and would like to start a rewards club, either giving them a discount every few orders or some sort of bonus. I was wondering if anyone else does this and if so, what is their system.
For orders over a certain amount I give an apron with my logo on the top and the recipe for the cake they ordered printed on the pocket. I use t-shirt transfer paper. It comes up pretty good.

8 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:31am
post #2 of 9

I know some CCers do that, I don't have a business but I've read some threads that mention giving discount coupons to customers but your idea of the aprons is fantastic! I really hope your business does good. Good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyx1

Does anyone have a Rewards Club or a 'frequent flyers' type bonus? I'm thinking of rewarding returning customers with some sort of bonus or discount reward. My business is relatively new and I'm starting to get a few regulars now and would like to start a rewards club, either giving them a discount every few orders or some sort of bonus. I was wondering if anyone else does this and if so, what is their system.
For orders over a certain amount I give an apron with my logo on the top and the recipe for the cake they ordered printed on the pocket. I use t-shirt transfer paper. It comes up pretty good.

I think having a program sounds like a great idea! I'm just wondering why you want to give your recipe to your customers? If they have your recipe, why do they need to come and buy from you? That's just a concern I have for you.

Just my thoughts.

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:53am
post #4 of 9

Returning customers get a "free" 6" round on their b-days or anniversary...vanilla, chocolate or marble, BC frosting...or a half-dozen cuppies, or a dozen cookies, or cake balls, or petit-fours...

That way, you're highlighting all the other stuff you can do too icon_smile.gif

Add a spot for that kind of info on your contracts.
When you call them for the post-cake round-up, ask then if they are going to want to "apply" for your Cake-Happy-Customer Program. The past order would qualify, etc, etc

And who doesn't like free yummies on their b-day/anniversary..

Huh.

That's a good idea...I think I'll implement it as well!! LOL

icon_biggrin.gif

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:06am
post #5 of 9

i LOVE this idea! thumbs_up.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:14am
post #6 of 9

I have a referral program:

Coworkers and close friends get 10% off their first order (to get people in the door)

Refer anyone and you get 10% off your next order

No double dipping on discounting

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 7:24am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyx1

I think having a program sounds like a great idea! I'm just wondering why you want to give your recipe to your customers? If they have your recipe, why do they need to come and buy from you? That's just a concern I have for you.

Just my thoughts.

I figure if they're ordering a cake they either can't bake or don't want to so I'm fairly safe. Also, the recipes are not my own creations, I found them in recipe books so are not really mine to keep. I only do it for big orders, like weddings and all new brides need a good recipe to make a cake for her new MIL when she comes to visit LOL.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:41pm
post #8 of 9

Hey, if you're cool with it - then I'm cool with it. =O)

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 9

indydebi gives a 5% pay it forward type of thing.......Let's say a woman buys a cake from you and then tells her sister about you, her sister calls and orders a $500.00 wedding cake from you........the first woman who referred her, would then have a $25.00 (5% of $500) "voucher" of sorts to put towards a future cake order for herself.

(hope I explained that right indy)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%