Frosting Sheets

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 3:55am by gibson

tabs8774 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 6

what are frosting sheets? where can i get them ad how do i use them???? please help me out here, they have been mentioned in this forum and on cakes in the galleries,but not enough to understand what they really are. i'm sure someone out ther will help me out,ya'll always do. tia

5 replies
ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 6

Frosting sheets are for printing edible images on that you apply on the top of cakes ... if memory serves me correctly, I ordered mine from KopyKakes... you have to have a designated printer that you use ONLY and exclusively with edible ink to print on these frosting sheets ...

you can read more about it with this link icon_smile.gif

Note: I do not advise buying the "package" set ups for edible images.. they cost way too much .. buy a printer (Canon - I got mine from Amazon) and the frosting sheets.. if you have a scanner, you can use it to scan images to put on the frosting sheets .. if you don't have a scanner, a cheap one will probably work fine and would be all you'd need icon_smile.gif

Cakemaster26 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 6

Hi tabs8774

are you talking about a BCT ( Buttercream Transfer) if so here are the instructions.


tabs8774 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 6

thanks so much ntertayne!!

i looked up your link to kopy kake and low and beholdthere's where i can get everything!! i knew ya'll were going to help out on this!! now i just need to get the printer(christmas is only 4 mths away)!! icon_wink.gif

ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 6

Make that wishlist girl!!! icon_wink.gif

gibson Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 3:55am
post #6 of 6


Would anybody know where a Canadian could get this?


Quote by @%username% on %date%