Ultimate Cakeoff

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 3:33am by carolsue7

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:09am
post #61 of 72

I'm sad to see this season of The Ultimate Cake Off is over - but I'm excited for Cake Boss to start back up on Monday! Whoo hoo!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #62 of 72

I still think someone should just start a cake channel. We can even call the channel "cake", like they call their channels TLC or Bravo.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:11am
post #63 of 72

Yes well Mary I actually said.if they edited out the please that was not very nice to do that to you............but you want to take offense I guess........the end

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:18am
post #64 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

Yes, I mean when they edit it to hear Mary shout "fridge"....and edit out the please part....thats really stupid. Makes me wonder what they edit out of

You said "if" .....i believe your quote above says "when". I don't take any of this personally. I honestly could care less. I think it is amazing actually. But I guess that is the Snarky part of me huhicon_smile.gif

At the end of the day, it really does not matter.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #65 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

I just caught the show on TLC and wow I thought all the cakes were fantastic!

Just reading different posts here from various episodes of UCO and I feel so star struck to say the least that I have such amazing talent to take inspiration from, not to mention getting some expert help icon_smile.gif

Love this website, and Mary I totally get the Chef respect thing, my father was a Chef (not Pastry) and I worked side by side with him in the kitchen...I never ever called him Dad in the work place, always Chef.

It may seem military like but in any professional kitchen or culinary school it is the first thing you learn icon_smile.gif

I hate that they edit the shows like that to create drama (ratings) seems so silly, but glad to know that you and Ashley are cool and that things are not always what they seem or appear.

Thanks! Two of my team were my students and this explains a ton! They are were not allowed to call me by my first name!

Now I understand!...lol
Edna icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:29am
post #66 of 72

well finally we agree on something.I could care less too....yippee.....lol

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:30am
post #67 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

I did sit out. They did not show me winning my challenge. I did a decorating challenge and sat Ashley out! A dark day is a non shooting day!

i was wondering what happened to that part! NO FAIR!

i sure didn't know that was you! how you liking it in tulsa?

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:55am
post #68 of 72

Mary, I am on the road, but rushed back to my hotel so that I could catch the last 15 mintues or so of the show. Got here, got it on and the phone rang. So, I only caught a glimpse, but all the cakes were fantastic. You all did an amazing job.

It's over though??? When will season two start? I don't watch TV at all, except for Ultimate Cake Off and Cake Boss. I love Cake Off.

Cake Boss - I can't imagine it's all 'reality'. Such as the time the bride came in and didn't like her cake and wrecked it by squirting all different colours of icing all over it. Or the cake falling down the stairs. They had another one to go in one and a half hours. I'd just like to know how they got those huge gumpaste letters to dry in an hour. Still, a fun show though.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:41pm
post #69 of 72

At least with Cake Boss, like with Ace of Cakes, you can see internal structures and get a brief understanding of the concept, before they cut to the next scene. On the challenges, they try to fit so many scenes into a short time frame that you rarely get more than 2-3 seconds worth of information.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:16pm
post #70 of 72

I am a newbie, I just want to put my two cents in here for what it is worth. I love watching all the cake shows, I agree there is enough shows to start a cake channel. I enjoy watching the pros at work. Thank you for making these shows worth every hour we sit watching them.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:03pm
post #71 of 72

i was glad to with all the problems she had she really pulled it off, as i've said before i don't care for the blond judge she would point out mistakes in front of the customer and it is the customer's choice something that wowed them. this show she was very different, i was glad to see this, maybe she'll keep it up

carolsue7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolsue7 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:33am
post #72 of 72

I like all the cake shows. Learn a little bit every time. The thing with reality shows is that they're not real. Thanks to Mary Ann for explaining what REALLY happened and Hello Edna. Love, love, love your tutorials.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%