Pattern On A Designers Purse Cake

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 1:09am by topaz176

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:33am
post #1 of 14

I want to make my own birthday cake next month.
I am thinking on a LV or Coach bag.
How or what is an easy way to put the pattern on ?
I am thinking that drawing by hand might not look so good.
I saw some beautiful ones on CC and they looked perfect.

13 replies
topaz176 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 14

No one ??

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 14

I think it's the fact that you asked for an "easy" way. There really isn't an easy way. I know that when I make my multi-colored LV cake i use food coloring pens and painstakingly draw them onto the fondant. I have attached the last pattern I made. It has the number 26 in replace of the LV because it was my friend's 26th birthday.
LL

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 14

Yeah, no easy way, unless you use an edible image...would probably look wrinkled anyways.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklekat6

I think it's the fact that you asked for an "easy" way. There really isn't an easy way. I know that when I make my multi-colored LV cake i use food coloring pens and painstakingly draw them onto the fondant. I have attached the last pattern I made. It has the number 26 in replace of the LV because it was my friend's 26th birthday.

Sparklekat, did you drew all these by hand onto a cake?? wow, I'm impressed!! you think is possible to do a stencil out of this image??

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:

sparkelkat6: please, how in the world did you "make" such a pattern? thank you!

Sparklekat6 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 14

Oh I do it in Paint on my Windows system. It's a dingy little art program Microsoft adds to the basic software you get with your computer. I just drew the initial symbols and then copy paste away till you get a size large enough. If anyone wants the pattern emailed to them just send me a private message and I will attach it in a reply.

Sparklekat6 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 14

Hey Rosie, I tried the stencil thing and it doesn't work. It actually comes out quite nice if you just draw it. I just lay the pattern down next the the fondant and then draw it free hand making sure that the symbol matches up with the pattern. I don't have a steady hand at all and have found that I can still make it look decent. The problem is I don't have any decent photos of the cake! icon_wink.gif

cas17 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:06am
post #9 of 14
Quote:

Oh I do it in Paint on my Windows system. It's a dingy little art program Microsoft adds to the basic software you get with your computer. I just drew the initial symbols and then copy paste away till you get a size large enough. If anyone wants the pattern emailed to them just send me a private message and I will attach it in a reply.

wow, thanks! i will have to look into this on my computer.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz176

No one ??

Can you print edible image sheets? If you google Louis Vittion Wall Paper under google images, there are some large, hi resolution images that print great......just cut out your fondant pieces for the side, brush with piping gel and apply the image and trim, then apply to the cake. Here a link to a nice pattern:

http://www.louisvuittonfan.com/wallpaper/Louis_Vuitton_Wallpaper.jpg

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:

Hey Rosie, I tried the stencil thing and it doesn't work. It actually comes out quite nice if you just draw it. I just lay the pattern down next the the fondant and then draw it free hand making sure that the symbol matches up with the pattern. I don't have a steady hand at all and have found that I can still make it look decent. The problem is I don't have any decent photos of the cake! icon_wink.gif

Thank you for answering my question Sparklekat6! and my goodness I admire you so much for being able to free hand!! thumbs_up.gif...I know myself and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do that icon_sad.gif...

Too bad you don't have a pic of your purse cake, I'm sure it came out awesome!

cas17 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 10:33pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz176

No one ??

Can you print edible image sheets? If you google Louis Vittion Wall Paper under google images, there are some large, hi resolution images that print great......just cut out your fondant pieces for the side, brush with piping gel and apply the image and trim, then apply to the cake. Here a link to a nice pattern:

http://www.louisvuittonfan.com/wallpaper/Louis_Vuitton_Wallpaper.jpg

that is so cool, thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

topaz176 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 12:48am
post #13 of 14

[/quote]Can you print edible image sheets? If you google Louis Vittion Wall Paper under google images, there are some large, hi resolution images that print great......just cut out your fondant pieces for the side, brush with piping gel and apply the image and trim, then apply to the cake. Here a link to a nice pattern:

http://www.louisvuittonfan.com/wallpaper/Louis_Vuitton_Wallpaper.jpg[/quote]

I will try this method. I do not think freehand will work for me.
I will do that as my last choice....... icon_cry.gif

topaz176 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:09am
post #14 of 14
Quote:

No pain no game hah!!!1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%